In fact, bacon wrapped asparagus is one of the best appetizer to make at home. It is delicious, incredibly healthy, and most importantly very easy to make. This dish is pretty much perfect for kids because they tend to hate greens, particularly asparagus. However, when the vegetable is wrapped tightly by delicious bacon, they will have no power to resist the dish.
If you do not know how to make bacon wrapped asparagus, do not worry about it since the full recipe can be found down below. The recipe is going to lead your way to a delicious appetizer that will make everyone compliment the chef. Here is the full recipe of delicious bacon and asparagus combo. Check it out.
- 1 lb asparagus stalks, washed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- To start making delicious bacon wrapped asparagus, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 204 degrees Celsius for at least 10 minutes.
- Prepare a large baking sheet. Use cooking spray or melted butter to coax the baking sheet.
- After the baking sheet is lined, divide the washed and trimmed asparagus stalks into 4 portions. Use a slice of bacon to bundle the asparagus stalks. Make sure the bundle is tightly wrapped. If it is still loose, use another slice of bacon to tight it up. Set it aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and brown sugar. Whisk well until everything is well combined.
- Drizzle the butter mixture evenly on top of each asparagus bundle on the baking sheet. Make sure each bundle is soaked with enough butter mixture.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven for 20 minutes. When the bacon is cooked and crispy, the dish is pretty much done. Take it out of the oven and transfer into the serving plate. Sprinkle dried parsley on top of the dish before serving.
Well, the dish is delicious as it is. You do not need any dipping sauce to devour the appetizer. However, if you like something to go with the dish, you can prepare some dipping sauces. The perfect choice for the dish is Caesar dipping sauce. If you like cheese, the jalapeno cheese dipping sauce is going to be great as well to accompany the dish.
The recipe up above is for asparagus. However, the vegetable is replicable easily. You can use many types of other vegetables. The most popular choices are including green beans or even string beans. They have similar texture and shape as the asparagus, making the recipe is applicable for both types of vegetables. Last but not least, do not forget to use the highest quality bacon you can find around to make sure the taste of your bacon wrapped asparagus is truly mouthwatering.