In fact, the best Alfredo sauce recipe is often sought by those who love eating pasta. Alfredo is indeed one of the most popular sauces to go with pasta. This is the Italian white sauce. Its base is milk and it is incredibly creamy and delicious. No wonder most people love pasta with Alfredo sauce.
Actually, the sauce can be made at home with ease. You do not need to be a professional cook to make the sauce because it is very easy. All you need to do is just making sure that all ingredients are prepared and they have the same exact measurement as in the recipe. Well, without further ado, here is the best Alfredo sauce recipe for you to follow in the kitchen.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups evaporated milk, set to room temperature
- 4 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 55 g parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat. Melt unsalted butter and then add minced garlic. Sautee until the minced garlic smells good and starts to soften.
- After that, add the flour and mix together all ingredients on the pan until it forms very thick paste.
- Grab a balloon whisker. Pour in the milk and stir well using the balloon whisker until everything is well-combined.
- Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes until the sauce starts to bubble and thicken.
- The next step in making the best Alfredo sauce recipe is sprinkling dried oregano and basil. Mix well to combine the herbs to the sauce.
- Add grated parmesan cheese. Stir well until the cheese is completely melted.
- Give it a taste. Adjust the taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- The Alfredo sauce is done. Now you can pour the sauce over any kinds of cooked pasta.
Traditionally, the type of pasta to go with Alfredo sauce is the fetuccine or penne. However, if you do not have access to those types of pasta, simply choose any pasta you can find at home. The sauce will be a great addition to spaghetti, angel hair pasta, and many other types of pasta.
Many people prefer to have the taste of their Alfredo sauce mild and milky. That is why they do not use garlic. However, this recipe involves garlic just to give extra aromatic to the sauce. If you hate garlic or do not fancy its strong taste, simply skip the ingredient.
Serve the pasta with Alfredo sauce along with peas and smoked beef. This is usually the perfect way to eat Alfredo pasta. However, you can add anything you like to the dish. You can even spice it up by sprinkling some cayenne pepper or chili flakes. This is the best Alfredo sauce recipe where you can modify it as much as you like.