This following this best baked salmon recipe is a match made in heaven want to people who enjoy delicious baked dish with salmon. This fish is considered a luxury fish ingredient. But that does not have to deter you about using salmon as a special occasion dish. The foolproof recipe that you are about to read will help you turning the already flavorful fish into something more magnificent.
- 4 salmon fillets, skinless. Each piece should weigh approximately 170 grams
- A pound of potatoes; cut in half. It is recommended to use baby potatoes in this best baked salmon recipe but if you only have big size one then cut it in more pieces
- 3 bunches asparagus, remove the tough ends
- ½ cup unsalted butter, fully melted
- ⅓ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2½ tablespoons garlic, minced finely
- 2 tablespoons white wine, the dry kind. If you do not want to use alcohol in the recipe, you can substitute it with ¼ cup chicken stock or other flavorful broth
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste, freshly grounded
- A lemon, sliced thinly as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or equal to 200°C.
- Prepare a large baking seat. Add halved baby potatoes then season it with salt, pepper, and half tablespoon of minced garlic. Be quite generous with the salt.
- Spread the potatoes until even across the baking sheet then bake for about 15 minutes until their skins turn golden brown.
- Take the baking sheet from the oven then push the potatoes to one side.
- Place salmon at the center of baking sheet then asparagus at the other end
- Season salmon with 1½ tablespoons minced garlic and chopped parsley.
- Mix three quarter of lemon juice with melted butter together then drizzle the mixture over salmon and asparagus.
- Season salmon and asparagus with salt and black pepper.
- Bake the dish for about 10 minutes. In the last 2 minutes of baking, it is recommended to use the broiler instead to give charred edges. The potatoes and asparagus should be tender and salmon’s color turns opaque.
- Combine remaining minced garlic, lemon juice, white wine, and melted butter in a mixing bowl. Serve this quick sauce alongside your baked salmon.
This best baked salmon recipe is going to serve 4 people. Each serving contains 513 kilo calories. This is an option of delicious balanced meal since you have highly nutritious fish (with omega 3 and other proteins), carbohydrate, and vitamins from the veggies.
Despite looking quite luxurious, this dish is very easy to prepare. In total, you only need a little more than half an hour to cook it from start to finish. In addition to that, the baking is done in just one baking sheet so you do not have to wash many dishes after. It is a perfect recipe to entertain guests during busy weekdays or nights.
The way this dish is cooked really brings out the natural flavor of salmon. The ingredients are not too many either so you will not have to fuss over buying many items at once. Please try making this best baked salmon recipe at least once because you will not regret it.