People are often looking for the best banana bread recipe. Instead of plain white bread, banana bread is considered tastier and healthier, for sure. This is why this kind of bread is perfect to start a day. Having breakfast with banana bread toast topped with jam, peanut butter, or chocolate sauce is the best way to give you energy for the entire morning.
If you think making banana bread is difficult, think again because it is actually not difficult at all. You do not need to knead dough (even though it has “bread” in the name). You do not even have to use mixer. All you need to do is just mixing ingredients together and bake it into loaf of bread. Do you want to try it right now? Here is the best banana bread recipe to try.
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, whipped to soft peak
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsb fine salt
- 1/2 cup walnut, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit (176 degree Celsius) for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a loaf pan (In this best banana bread recipe, the size of the loaf pan is 9×5 inch) and grease it with nonstick spray and line with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients: mashed banana, cream cheese, whipped cream, and whipped cream. Mix all those ingredients together until well combined.
- In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: white sugar, brown sugar, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and fine salt. Whisk together.
- Combine the wet ingredients and dry ingredients together. Do not over mix the mixture, just make sure all the dry ingredients are all dissolved in the mixture.
- Pour the mixture onto the greased and lined loaf pan. Put the pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, use a toothpick to poke the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean, take the bread out of the oven.
- Let the bread cool completely over a wire rack for 1 hour or so before slicing the bread and serving them.
- This bread is perfect to be served with jam, honey, or ice cream.
The bread is better served fresh. However, it can also be stored in room temperature and it will last 1 to 2 days. If you refrigerate the bread, it will last for 1 week. Every time you need a slice of bread, simply take a slice and toast it on a toaster. If you want the bread to be less sweet, reduce the amount of sugar or use white sugar or brown sugar only. This is truly the best banana bread recipe as well as the easiest one to find.