When you want a quick bowl of delicious soup ready in minutes, you can cook this best chicken noodle soup recipe. This simple recipe will give you clean flavors that you’d expect from any classic soup. Many thought that making the perfect soup will take a lot of effort, but you can whip this one out in mere minutes. Perfect if you want to cook soup for many people in a short time or if you are not feeling well. The tricks are high-quality chicken stock or broth, the right amount of seasoning, and fresh aromatic herbs. Now, let’s start cooking!
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon.
- Celery, 1,5 cups, chopped
- Carrots, 1.5 cups, chopped
- Yellow onion, 1 cup, chopped
- Salt, 1/2 tablespoon or to taste
- Pepper, 1/4 tablespoon or to taste
- Chicken stock or broth. Either using the ready to use ones or you can make it yourself. Make around 10 cups worth of it
- Fresh thyme, 10 sprigs or to taste. You can also substitute with a few sprigs of rosemary.
- Chicken breast or thigh, 3 cups, finely chopped.
- Egg noodles, 8 ounces. You can substitute with other preferred noodles. For the egg noodles, get the pappardelle egg noodles for the best results.
- Set the heat to medium, and begin heating your pot. Add olive oil, then the chopped celery, carrots, and onion into the pot.
- Add salt and pepper into the pot while cooking the vegetables until it’s soft.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pot. After adding the broth you can add the thyme in as well. Let it simmer for 10 minutes with low heat.
- When you’re simmering the broth of your best chicken noodle soup recipe, you can start cooking your egg noodles. Follow the instruction provided in the packaging. You should be done cooking the noodles by the time the broth is ready.
- Add the chopped chicken after simmering for 10 minutes, then simmer again for 3 minutes until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- You can perform some taste test to adjust the seasoning. Usually, if you’ve made the best chicken noodle soup recipe broth yourself you might need to add more seasoning. But, ready-to-use store-bought broths are often already seasoned much. Still, you can adjust the taste to your liking.
- Now time to combine the soup broth and noodles. Add only a few handfuls of noodles at a time into each serving or into your large bowls. This is to prevent your soup from being overly filled with noodle, which can really negate the soup’s taste.
A few notes for this recipe is that you need to store the leftover noodles in other containers. If you want to store the soup for later meals, you don’t want mushy noodles to be your next surprise. Talking about storage, chicken soup can be frozen for 3 months at most or refrigerated for 5 days. However, it is still best to enjoy the best chicken noodle soup recipe freshly cooked and hot.