If you want to have an exquisite company to start your day, you will find the best French toast recipe here. The golden brown egg-soaked bread serves crunchy texture on the outside and pudding-like on the inside. The steps are simple and quick. So, let’s get started! First, take a look on the ingredients you must prepare.
- 8 sliced bread (Texas Toast, Brioche, Challah, Whole Wheat Bread)
- ¾ cup of milk (Almond milk, double cream, or coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Pure vanilla is recommended)
- A pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoon butter
- Toppings: cheese cream, icing sugar, hundreds and thousands, berries, chocolate sauce, ice cream (You can choose one or pick them all)
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Make sure you find no clear egg pieces. Your hand might get tired, but it is necessary to avoid the fried egg look on your French toast at the end.
- Pour the mixture into a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, mix granulated sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Strew the mixture until both sides of bread are covered.
- Dip a bread into the eggs and milk mixture for a few seconds.
- Heat the frying pan with medium heat and place butter on it.
- Lift the bread and let the mixture dripping.
- Then, toast it on the frying pan.
- Wait until each side of the bread is turning golden brown.
- Place the bread onto a plate.
- Repeat those steps above until all breads are toasted.
- Add toppings.
- The French toast is ready to serve!
This best French toast recipe is for four people. Meanwhile, the calorie per slice is about 150 calories or more. It does not include butter.
If you want to get the superb result of the best French toast recipe, it is recommended to use challah or brioche bread, and you can make medium slices. If the bread is too thin, it will tear apart easily. Meanwhile, if it is too thick, it will be hard to ripen. For the vanilla extract, it is highly recommended to pick the pure one. How about the butter? Can you use margarine? Well, the reason why to take butter is to add more flavors and prevent the bread from sticking on the pan. For the topping, if you chose sweet sauce like chocolate sauce, you are better to not add honey or syrup anymore.
Moreover, how to make French toast not soggy? When you lift the bread out of eggs and milk mixture, let the excess dripping. If there is too much water on the pan, you will not get the crisp texture, and the French toast is unsuccessful. However, it does not mean you should squeeze the bread. That is ridiculous. See? It is completely cushy! Also, the ingredients are easy to find and inexpensive. Once you try to cook, you will get addicted to this best French toast recipe.