For vegans, the best split pea soup recipe is the best dish. It contains a lot of vegetable protein. Moreover, it is hearty, and most importantly, it is delicious. Vegans do not need to worry anymore about snacking problem just because the food does not come tasty. Honestly speaking, it is true. So many times, people are backing off from going vegan, and the biggest factor is none other than vegan does not get to taste any delicious meal. Well, it is wrong because everyone can always make their meal delicious, whether they are vegan or not. This split pea soup recipe will be a perfect example.
In addition, for those who hate shopping here and there just for a meal, you may rejoice because this split pea soup can be made from a very short list of ingredients. Now check the list below.
- 2 cups of split green peas. Dried, picked over, and rinse
- 2 chopped onions, can be replaced with 3 large onions
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 cups water
- For the first step, prepare a pot, heat it to medium level. Next, put the olive oil into it.
- Add onions and salt, stir them up until soften.
- Put the split peas and water into the pot.
- Bring to a boil, but do not stir it too hard as it can wreck the peas.
- Heat down the pot, and let stand about 20 minutes.
- Set aside half of the soup into a bowl.
- Puree the remaining soup in the pot then add soup from the bowl onto the puree. Vegetarian split pea soup is ready to serve!
Some of you might wonder what is so special about this recipe. How could this produce the best split pea soup recipe ever? Behold, these are secrets behind this recipe. There are several extra ingredients as additions to it, which are small broccoli trees, vegetable bouillon, lemon juice, toasted nuts, and smoked paprika. Not all of them have to be added into the soup. Just pick whichever you like according to your taste.
Small broccoli trees can be thrown into the soup just a couple of minutes before doing the puree. A handful of it will be just enough. Vegetable bouillon can replace water, and lemon juice is used to make the soup a little saltier, yet fresh. Just add it little by little into the finished soup while tasting it continuously, so you can adjust it according to your preference. Toasted nuts and smoked paprika are also the finisher move. They turn your best split pea soup recipe into smoky depth soup. Their burned colors really add some texture, and overall beautify the soup.
Well, those above are just little parts of many things you can do to make your dish delicious. But above all that, remember that everyone can make their own version of the best split pea soup recipe!