Although the vegetable already tastes good on its own, boosting it with great brussel sprouts recipes will only improve your dining experience. This vegetable is known for its crunchy texture accompanied by savory flavor. However, many people hate it due to unsuitable cooking methods that result in the vegetable tasting bitter and unpleasant. The following recipe is going to make the best tasting brussel sprouts dishes.
- One and half pounds of fresh brussel sprouts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 teaspoons are used to toss the vegetable while the remaining oil will be used for the dressing
- 2 tablespoons premium balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey, use honey that does not have too strong flavor as that will overpower this dish
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly grounded black pepper
- Preheat the oven at 425ºF (or equal to 220ºC).
- Prepare a baking dish by lining it with silicone mat or aluminum foil.
- Prepare the brussel sprouts by trimming off their outer parts and dried up leaves. After that, you need to cut the hard bottom parts off. Slice the brussel sprouts lengthwise.
- Mix brussel sprouts with two tablespoons of oil olive, Kosher salt, and grounded black pepper inside a large mixing bowl until every slice is coated with the seasonings.
- Move the vegetable onto prepared baking dish then bake it for about 20 minutes until the brussel sprouts turn tender and some the sugar content lets out and caramelized nicely.
- Remove the brussel sprouts from the baking dish then move it back into the previous mixing bowl.
- Add honey, balsamic vinegar, and remaining olive oil to the hot brussel sprouts. Toss the ingredients together until every single slice of sprout is fully coated with the dressing.
The brussel sprouts recipes will be able to yield four servings. From the prepping to finishing, this recipe takes less than half an hour. It is a perfect dish to whip up during a busy weekday night. The dish can be enjoyed alongside a meaty main course. It goes great alongside steak or roasted pork chops. The acidity and sweetness of in this dish will be able to balance any fatty meat. Of course, given the flavorful nature of this dish, you can enjoy it on its own and still have a fulfilling dinner.
Preparing the brussel sprouts recipes will make you enjoy the vegetable even more. It contains high amount of vitamin C which is great for your skin and general cell regeneration. In addition to that, the vegetable also boosts your iron level. So, the dish does not only taste super delightful. It is also good your body. The seasoning ingredients, balsamic vinegar and honey, are also known to have good impact on body metabolism.
There are many ways that you can do to prepare raw brussel sprouts. Some people prepare it by steaming, sautéing, and boiling. Of course, the choice lies on each individual since it is related to the person’s taste bud. But please try the roasted brussel sprouts recipes since the flavor is unbeatable.