Any dining issue will be solved by a great chicken alfredo recipe. This Italian style dish is creamy, flavorful, and super delicious. When you are craving for a warm and fulfilling meal, you will be so satisfied to be presented by a plate of this dish especially if it is served on top of pasta. It will taste just like your mother’s home cooked meal. Let’s see how you can create this dish.
- 2 pieces chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, you can replace it with other long and thin pasta such as spaghetti or angel hair
- 1½ cup chicken stock, choose the low sodium one to give you more freedom in flavoring this chicken alfredo recipe
- 1½ cup whole milk
- A cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated for the best flavor. You can replace it with other hard cheese with subtle sweet flavor such as aged gouda
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- Salt to taste
- Grounded black paper to taste
- Parsley, chopped finely for garnish
- Pour extra virgin olive oil in pan on medium heat.
- Season chicken breasts on one side with pepper and salt then place them seasoned sides down on heated oil. Season the other sides with salt and pepper as well.
- Cook the chicken breasts for about eight minutes per side until they turn golden. Take them off the pan then let rest on room temperature for ten minutes before slicing into bite size pieces.
- Sautee chopped garlic for few seconds onto the pan before pouring chicken stock and whole milk. Add salt and pepper to the liquid and wait until it starts to simmer.
- Add fettuccine pasta into the pan then cook following the package instruction until it is al dente.
- Pour in heavy cream and grated cheese into the pan then stir until everything is well combined and the liquid is absorbed by pasta.
- Take it off the heat and add sliced chicken breasts. Stir until mixed.
- Serve the pasta into plates and garnish with chopped parsley.
This chicken alfredo recipe takes only 10 minutes of prepping time while the entire cooking time is only 30 minutes. In addition to that, everything is cooked inside one large pan. You do not need to wash many dishes once you are done cooking. It makes the dish perfect for weekday nights when one cannot be bothered with cooking too complicated dish.
Of course, you have the freedom to improve this recipe even further. If it is to be served for kids, adding vegetables will improve the dish in nutritional aspect. You can add spinach or cherry tomatoes into the alfredo. Adding some spices into the dish will also improve its flavor. However, it is advised against using too bold spices as this dish is already rich.
The recipe can serve up to 4 people in which everyone gets about 2 ounces of pasta. It can be multiplied easily so that you can serve even more people when the occasion calls for that. Try this chicken alfredo recipe and you will not regret it.