If you are looking for a satisfying meal, you may try making a chicken caesar salad. This salad is loaded with chicken, bacon, and many more ingredients that are delicious. It is enjoyable not only for your mouth, but also your belly. The recipe to make this salad has many ingredients indeed. However, the steps are just so easy.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic, cut in half
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g bacon, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 medium lettuce or romaine, washed then dried
- Parmesan, grated
- Anchovies (optional)
- Let’s start making this chicken caesar salad from the dressing first. Mix all of the ingredients in a food processor until they are smooth. You can adjust the taste by giving pepper and salt as you desired. Meanwhile, the milk also can be added as you wish.
- Secondly, do the chicken. You can pound it in even thickness or slice it horizontally in half. Then sprinkle both sides with pepper and salt. Next, heat oil in your skillet at medium high heat. Cook the firs side around 5 minutes and 2 minutes for the other side. Take it off and cover it with foil loosely. Let it rest for 5 minutes before you slice it.
- For the bacon, simply add it to the skillet and cook it until it turns golden. Then drain it on paper towels.
- Especially for the eggs in this chicken caesar salad recipe, simmer it on a saucepan covered with water. Cook it for 3minutes if you want soft center, 4 minutes to get firm yolk, or 7 minutes for hard-boiled egg. Then remove the eggs and run it under cold-water. Leave it submerges in a bowl with water around 5 minutes then peel it. Set it aside.
- Now let’s do the croutons. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. toast the bread for 1minuteandrubbothsides with the cut side of garlic. Cut it into cubes then drizzle it with 2tbsp olive oil. Next, sprinkle with salt and bake it until it turns golden brown. You may need to shake the tray once.
- For the lettuce, you can chop it into any desired size.
- When you have done the entire step above, lets assembly them. Take a bowl and place the lettuce there, add the chicken and half of the bacon. Sprinkle the dressing and toss it. For the top, give remaining bacon, chicken, and croutons. Put the eggs on the side. Last, garnish it with grated parmesan.
Finally, delicious chicken caesar salad is ready to be enjoyed.