If you want to try ground beef recipe at home, tons of options are available from simple cooking to completely unique recipe. Good thing about ground beef is it is versatile to almost anything. You can make meatloaf, burger, soup, chili, egg roll, taco, nacho, enchilada, spaghetti, lasagna, pizza, meatball, and many things. That’s good news for every beginner who wants to try the first cooking.
Meatloaf is one of common choices for ground beef recipe. In fact, the first thing that comes up in min while asking for ground beef cook is meatloaf. You can prepare and make it quickly with several ingredients. That’s why the recipe becomes popular with tons of variations. The next section will explain on how to make the simple and basic meatloaf easily.
- 1 lb. Lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup bread crumbs, dried
- 1-2 beaten egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed light
- Prepare oven at 350 degree (Fahrenheit).
- Prepare the large bowl and mix the ingredients. Put beef, onion, milk, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire, ketchup, salt, parsley, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix them with hand at first to mush and massage slowly. After that, combine with spatula and spoon.
- Put the meat mixture in loan pan. Press and keep the meat in neat level.
- Prepare small bowl and put brown sugar, ketchup, and vinegar. Stir and pour the mixture into meatloaf. Spread and make sure the entire top is covered.
- Put the meat into oven and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove it from oven and wait around 10 minutes before serving.
From instructions above, making ground beef recipe is not difficult, right? You just need to put everything in bowl then mix them. Prepare the sauce and pour it before baking. One critical step: while mixing, it has to be in perfect form. Breadcrumbs are the reason why meatloaf becomes stern and solid after baking. You can add more breadcrumbs but keep in balance.
This meatloaf takes time for prep and cook session. You need to spend at least 50 minutes for baking. However, keep baking time less than 60 minutes. Overcooked meatloaf will create extra crisp at the top but, it is not quite juicy. On the other hand, it is actually up to you when choosing meatloaf texture. Some people like overcooked texture, and the rest prefer regular condition.
While baking, the meat will produce extra moist and fat. This is why you should pick the lean ground beef. Fat will ruin sauce and create unnecessary cover at the top of meatloaf. To prevent this situation, you may put extra sauce to balance it. As usual, salt and pepper are versatile enough to put in any amount. Well, meatloaf becomes favorite dish because of simple cooking. In fact, you can prepare raw one then keep it in fridge before baking. Another alternative, just cook meatloaf in the morning and preheat it for dinner. That’s the benefit in making meatloaf with ground beef recipe.