If you are looking for a delicious snack for the hot day, you can try to make this ice cream cake recipe. With its smooth, sweet, and icy bites, it is definitely a perfect snack to enjoy. Moreover, the ingredients and instructions of this recipe are both so easy to get and to do. Here they are.
- 1 package Oreo
- 1 quart flavor ice cream (as you like), softened
- 2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups hot fudge
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- To begin making this ice cream cake recipe, first you need to make the crust. Have a blender or food processor and blend the Oreos. Mix it with the melted butter and press in to a pan, it is suggested to use a 9 x 13 pan. You do not need to grease the pan, just make sure that the crust s packed tightly. You can use a spatula to press it firmly. Then, freeze it around 15 minutes.
- On the other hand, get the chocolate ice cream into a bowl. Stir it well. If you want a soft and smooth ice cream, continue stirring until you get rid of any frozen lumps. Then, spread the ice cream over the crust. Freeze them around 15 minutes.
- Now, get the flavored ice cream in a bowl. Stir it to make it smooth. Then, spread it over the chocolate ice cream and freeze it around 15 minute.
- After that, it is time to use the fudge. If you choose homemade fudge, it is a good choice. However, if you buy it from the store, it is fine too even though you may need to heat it slightly. Spread the fudge over the ice cream. Do not be worry if you get little mesh. Just spread it quickly and evenly then freeze it around 15 minutes.
- Next, it is time to make the whipped cream. Take a medium bowl and whisk the heavy cream, vanilla, and confectioner’ sugar at a medium high speed for 4 up to5 minutes if you get stiff peaks form already, spread it over the fudge layer.
- Then, have some sprinkles at the top of your ice cream before covering it with aluminum foil. Freeze this ice cream cake for 12 hours at least.
- For the final step in this ice cream cake recipe, cut the ice cream cake by using a sharp knife, and it will be ready to satisfy your mouth.
Well, this recipe needs you to freeze each layer for 15 minutes before adding the next one. It is because doing so will prevent the ice cream cake to have blob. Moreover, if you want to have easy layering, you should soften the cream first then stirring it to make it smooth. Those are some important tips for this ice cream cake recipe.