Moo goo gai pan is a perfect choice for you who want to have healthy and tasty Chinese dish. It is a classic dish with chicken and vegetables as its main ingredients. Completed with savory sauce, this dish will be a perfect menu for the dinner. Here is the recipe.
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless, sliced thinly
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup carrots, sliced thinly
- 18 ounce can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 18 ounce can water chestnut, drained
- 2 tbsp and 1 tsp cornstarch, divided
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp sesame oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- Pepper, to taste
- To make a moo goo gai pan, first you need to prepare a medium bowl. Whisk the egg white and cornstarch. Then add the chicken slices. Toss to coat. Refrigerate it for about 30 minutes and strain it. If there is any excess liquid, discard it.
- Secondly, prepare a large saucepan and heat the oil at medium high heat. Next, add the carrot and 1tbsp water. Cook them for about 3 minutes and constantly stir them.
- Third, add mushrooms and cooked again for 3 minutes. Let the mushroom turns browned and become tender. After that, add the snow peas. Cook it until tender.
- Next, stir in the bamboo shoots and water chestnut. Season it with pepper and salt as how you like it.
- Then, take the vegetables from the pan. Put it on a plate and cover it with a foil for keeping it warm. For the pan, wipe it out with a paper towel.
- After that, heat the remaining oil at medium high heat. Add the chicken and use salt and pepper as the seasoning. Cook it for about 4 minutes until the chicken is cooked well. Then add ginger and garlic and continue cooking for 30 seconds.
- On the other hand, take a small bowl and whisk t sugar, chicken stock, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Add 1 tbsp and 1tsp of cornstarch as well.
- Next, get the wrapped vegetables back to the pan. Heat it again for a minute and pour the sauce. Turn the heat to high and boil them. Stir them and continue cooking until the sauce is thickening.
- Finally, delicious moo goo gai pan is ready to be served.
Making this dish is not hard. You only need 30 minutes for preparation and 15 minutes for the cooking time. Having an hour will be enough to make this dish. This recipe goes well for 4 servings, if you have more people to eat on the table, you can double the amount so that all of them a could enjoy the great taste of moo goo gai pan.