Are you looking for the best brussel sprout recipe? Well, you just come to the right place. However, before you get to the recipe, it is important for to know the right way to pick the Brussels sprout. Here are the three important tips of it. First, you need to choose Brussels sprout, which is tightly compacted and it feels hard when you squeeze it. Second, if you want to have sweeter sprouts, choose the smaller size. The taste of large sprouts will resemble more like cabbage. Last, it is actually fine whether or not you trim the sprouts. No matter which one you choose, you need to keep it several weeks refrigerated.
If you want to get a perfect Brussels sprout cooking, you should never forget the above three tips. For additional tips, please make sure you get the Brussels sprout completely dry first before cooking it. Drier Brussels sprouts will come out crispier and of course tastier. Now, without a further ado, here is the ingredients and the instruction of the best brussel sprout recipe.
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts, clean and trim it
- 3 cloves of garlic, chop or slice it
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- ¼ cup of parmesan Cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, as you like
- First of all, prepare the oven and pre heat it at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While waiting for it, take Brussels sprout, clean and trim it. After it is clean, cut it in halves and put it in an oven dish. Please make sure that it is dry before you start cooking.
- On the same dish, add parmesan cheese, garlic, pepper, and salt. Last, add the coconut oil. Toss them to coat.
- Then, roast it in the oven for about 20 up to 25 minutes. Make sure it is crisp, has brown color, and caramelized on the outside. However, do not make it over cooked. It should be tender on the inside.
- When it is already cooked, well take it off from the oven and serve with grated cheese for more delicious taste.
Those are all you need to enjoy the taste of the best brussel sprout recipe. If you want to have more kicking flavor, you can add lemon zest as well before roasting it. After you bake, squeeze fresh lemon just before you serve it. On the other hand, if you want extra caramelized area, you can try by slicing the Brussels sprout cut-side down on the pot or pan. This way, you will have larger browned part later.
On the above explanation, it is mentioned that you can untrimmed the Brussels sprouts. Well, if you opt this way, you just need to make sure that you trim off the dry part from the stem, and look at the sprout’s base. If you use very small sprouts, it is also important to be very careful while cooking as it can be easily gets overcook. Those are the tips to have the best brussel sprout recipe come out perfect.