Are you looking for a quick and delicious black bean soup recipe? Well, no need to search for more as you will get what you want right now. The following recipe is so easy and takes only a minute to get done. With canned black beans used as one of the ingredients, you can make this recipe quickly. There is no need to worry about the taste. This recipe uses carrots, garlic, and celery for undoubted fresh flavor. Here we go.
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced thinly
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar (or 2 tbsp lime juice)
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Optional garnish: cilantro, diced avocado, tortilla chips, sliced radish
- To begin making this black bean soup recipe, the first step is heating olive oil in a Dutch oven at medium heat until it is shimmering. Then add celery, onions, and carrot. Add a pinch of salt if you want. Continue cooking it until the vegetable get soft (around 10 up to 15 minutes).
- Second, stir the cumin, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook them until fragrant (around 30 seconds). Then pour the beans and broth. Simmer it a medium heat. If you want to get a gentle simmer, reduce the heat. Continue cooking until the broth gets flavorful while the beans get tender (around 30 minutes).
- Pour the soup into cups and start to blend it. Use a stand blender and make sure to fasten the lid securely. Blend it until it is smooth. When doing it, make sure that the soup does not pass the maximum fill line. You also need to be aware of the steam, which escape from the top of your blender, as it is very hot.
- After that, get the pureed soup on the pot again. Next, stir in the vinegar or lime juice, cilantro, as well as pepper and salt to taste.
- Finally, delicious black bean soup is ready to fill your belly.
For the tips in this black bean soup recipe, the secret lays on the way you cook the spices. To enhance the flavor of this soup, it is needed to sauté the garlic, pepper flakes and cumin briefly. After that, add the remaining ingredients and simmer it gently. Make sure the beans are tender. Thus, the flavor will come out nicely.
Next is the texture. Many recipes may need additional cream to make the texture smooth. However, this recipe does not do so. The secret is the super creamy pureed soup. When you add it to the soup, it will have tender beans with light creamy texture. Therefore, you will not need any additional cream for this black bean soup recipe.