For an idea of dessert, pecan pie bars is worth to try. It can give unforgettable delicious flavor with its caramelized pecan. Moreover, it is not so hard to make. You just need 10 minutes of preparation and around 45 minutes to cook it. Here are the ingredients you need and the steps to get it done.
Ingredients for the shortbread crust:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ¼ pounds unsalted butter
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
Ingredients for the pecan pie topping:
- 2 pounds pecans, chopped
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 3 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- To begin making pecan pie bars, you need to preheat your oven at 350F.
- Now, let’s start making the crust first. Take a medium bowl and beat the granulated sugar and butter by using mixer with paddle attachment. Mix it for 3 minutes, or until it is light. Then add the vanilla and eggs. Mix them well.
- Next, sift the flour, salt, and baking powder. Make sure all of them are combined well. After that, mix this dry ingredient to the batter on low speed (what you have made in the second step).
- Then, press the dough in a baking sheet evenly. Make the edge similar to pie crust. Because it may be very sticky, you may need to sprinkle your hands and the dough with some flour. After that, bake the dough for about 15 minutes or more until the crust is well cooked. Pay a good attention and do not get it too browned. Take it out from the oven and let it cool
- Now, let’s make the topping. Take a saucepan and combine the corn syrup, brown sugar, and corn syrup there. Cook it on low heat. Make sure that the butter is melted. You can stir it by using a wooden spoon. Do not forget to raise the heat and bring it to boil for about 3 minutes.
- After that, remove it from the heat then add the pecans and heavy cream.
- Pour them in the crust. Please remember not to pour the filling between the pan and the crust. Next, take them around 25 up to 30 minutes. Make sure that the filling is set.
- Take it out from the oven and let it cool. Wrap it by using a plastic wrap. Refrigerate it until it is cold.
- Finally, cut it into small bars and tasty pecan pie bars are ready to be enjoyed.
When you have done cooking it, the pecan bars might get wiggle. Just let it cool for more and it will setup slowly. You can refrigerate it as well. When it is kept in the freezer, it can last to 6 months. For more ease in cutting the pecan pie bars, you can use a sharp knife.