The best carrot cake recipe is going to give you sweet and delicious dessert. Well, it is one of the most traditional types of cake often served in many occasions, including at weddings. This cake is sticky, moist, and incredibly tasty. It is traditionally served with cream cheese frostings and stuffed between the layers with walnuts or other crunchy ingredients.
For those who want to make the best carrot cake, here is the best carrot cake recipe for you. It is the basic recipe to make the cake. Whether or not you want to complete the cake with traditional cream cheese frosting or other kinds of frosting, it is all up to you.
- 3 medium-sized carrots (450 gr), peeled and grated
- 300 gr all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice powder
- 200 gr light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 100 gr fine white sugar
- 240 ml vegetable oil
- 150 gr raisin, coated with all-purpose flour
- 1 canned pineapple (225 gr), drained and crushed
- 3 large eggs, let sit in room temperature
- To start making the best carrot cake recipe, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a 20 cm round cake pan. Spray the pan with non-stick spray and line it with baking paper (parchment paper).
- Grab a large bowl and a sifter. Place the sifter over the bowl. Sift together all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together until all the dry ingredients are well-combined. Set it aside.
- Grab another bowl. In the bowl, mix together 3 eggs, brown sugar, and white sugar. Use hand mixer (high-speed) to combine all these ingredients together.
- While the mixer is still running, slowly pour vegetable oil.
- Now lower the speed of the mixer (into medium-low or low speed) and gradually add the dry ingredients mixture. Keep mixing for 2-3 minutes until no flour is visible.
- Stop the mixer. Add in grated carrots, crushed canned pineapple, and flour-coated raisins to the cake batter. Use rubber spatula to fold the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, poke a toothpick in the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Let the cake cools completely on wire rack before spreading the frosting or assemble the cake.
The best serving suggestion for this cake is to cut it into three layers and stuff between layer with cream cheese frosting and crushed walnuts or pecans. Spread the remaining cream cheese frosting to crumb coat the cake before sprinkling toasted coconut all over the cake.
However, if you do not like cheese, walnuts, or coconuts, just change the assembling ingredients with anything you want. You can use classic butter cream and even chocolate sprinkles to decorate the cake. This best carrot cake recipe is open to change easily.