You can try the best granola recipe without worrying about the nutrition and healthiness. Granola is favorite food for breakfast because it’s easy and simple to prepare in quick time. Furthermore, you will not find any issue to get the proper ingredients. In fact, the recipe is flexible enough to customize and adjust with recent situation. This granola recipe will rely on healthy ingredients to balance the nutrition. The list of ingredients and instructions are explained at the following section.
- 4-5 cups rolled oats
- 1-2 cup slivered almonds or kind of nuts/seeds
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsps. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup dried fruit or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven and prepare baking side with paper.
- Put oats, chia seeds, and almond into mixing bowl. Stir and mix while adding the cinnamon and salt. Make sure to blend them equally then put side.
- Prepare mixing cup. Put coconut oil, vanilla extract, and maple syrup then mix them. After that, pour this mixture into oat then stir until evenly combined.
- Put and spread granola into baking sheet. Bake in oven for 20 minutes and stir slowly. Add flaked coconut and stir again then put back into oven. Bake up to 5 minutes until looks toasted golden.
- Remove granola from oven and put in baking rack. Wait until the temperature is low. Add dried fruit or chocolate chips then mix them.
Rolled oats are common for granola which also called as old-fashioned oats. Other kinds of oats are still eligible for this recipe. In this best granola recipe, you can use chai seeds. In fact, this ingredient is optional, and you can remove from the list. Chia seeds contain rich omega-3 that’s useful for body and metabolism. Another one you can replace is almond then just put other nuts or seeds. However, almond is the best choice if you still want to keep this recipe as healthy as possible.
The cooking instructions are simple and easy, right? You just need mixing bowl and cup then put the raw granola into oven. Cinnamon and salt are the key seasonings to balance the flavor. You can add more if the taste is not enough. Coconut oil is preferred choice because it’s easy to blend. Another option is olive oil as healthier ingredient. Moreover, maple syrup is what make the best granola recipe has sweet taste. It is natural sweetener and better than sugar. Of course, you are free to replace it with melted brown sugar or honey. The latter is the best choice due to rich nutrition.
After baking is done, you can eat it directly. Dried fruits are preferable choices instead of chocolate chips. You can mix both in one bowl to enjoy the better flavor. Additional options are peanut and warming spices. The examples of spices are nutmeg, ginger, and clove. They create warm effect in body after you eat the granola. In general, you only need to follow the best granola recipe above and get the healthy dish for your day.