This can be a best turkey recipe once you are done making it. Turkey meat is very tasty if you can cook it well. There are various recipes everywhere. You can find best of the best recipes to try. If necessary, trying out several recipes will vary the turkey menu. Do not think that there is only one way to cook this meat. In fact, there are ways for sure that you can try at home. Before starting to cook turkey, it is necessary to know that the cook needs a long time. Therefore, be patient is a must. Now, let’s take a look at the recipe.
- 10 to 12 pounds fresh turkey
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tsp, fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- ¼ pound unsalted butter
- 1 large bunch of fresh thyme
- 1 spanish onion, quartered
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole lemon, halved
- 1 head garlic, halved
- Kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ pound unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup of flour
- 1 tbsp brandy or cognac
- Chicken stock plus defatted turkey drippings to make 2 cups, heated
- 1 tbsp heavy cream (optional)
- 1 tbsp white wine (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit to start this best turkey recipe. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Then, add the juice and zest of the lemon, as well as 1 tsp of thyme leaves. Set it aside for now.
- Take the turkey’s giblet and wash it inside and out very well. Prepare a roasting pan and place the turkey on it.
- Add salt and pepper to the turkey’s cavity. Again, stuff the cavity with halved lemon, thyme, garlic, and onion.
- Spread butter on the meat and sprinkle with pepper and salt. Now, roast it for 2 ½ hours or until it is juiced. Remove it from the pan and use aluminum foil to cover it. Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- For the gravy of this best turkey recipe, prepare a large sauté pan. Over medium-low heat, cook the onions and butter for 12-15 minutes. Just make it until light browned.
- Into the pan, pour the flour and whisk in. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook them for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the cognac and chicken stock mixture. Uncovered, and cook for 4-5 minutes until it gets thickened. If you want, add the cream and wine. Season to taste and it is done.
Before roasting the meat, don’t forget to tie the legs together. The wing tips should be tucked as well under the turkey’s body. Besides this recipe, there are other delicious recipes you can try at home. This one is considered as a simple recipe. The turkey meat is for 8 servings. Well, hope you enjoy this best turkey recipe.