Party Food Ideas
For social dining events, you will need one meatloaf recipe best to impress people. This dish is a classic comfort meat dish with signature loaf shape. There are many variations from time to time. They can differ by the ingredients used or by the way they are being cooked. The choice depends on one’s preference. Some people will say that more elaborate cooking process is required to make the most delicious meatloaf. This recipe will prove you otherwise.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef, ranging from 85% to 90% of leanness. You can use other lean meat options such as turkey.
- 2 eggs, large size
- ¾ cup Panko or other dried breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 3 cloves garlic, minced well
- A medium size onion, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons ketchup or tomato sauce
- 1½ teaspoon Italian seasoning mix. You can make it your own by combining equal amount of dried thyme, dried oregano, dried sage, dried rosemary, dried marjoram, and dried basil.
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly grounded
- Salt to taste
- Prepare a 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan by lining it with parchment paper or silicone mat
- Preheat the oven at 375ºF (190ºC).
- Add meat, eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, and spices to a large mixing bowl. Remember to salt the meat liberally so it is not under seasoned.
- Mix the ingredients well but be careful not to overdo it.
- Move the beef mixture to prepared loaf pan then press gently until the surface looks more or less even.
- Bake the meatloaf for about 40 minutes inside preheated oven. Drizzle some meatloaf recipe best glaze mix evenly on the surface then bake for additional 20 minutes.
- The top should be golden brown and its internal temperature would be around 160ºF (70ºC).
- Serve the meatloaf. You can add some greens for garnish.
To enhance the flavor of this delicious dish, the meatloaf recipe best glaze concoction should be prepared. The glaze can be made by combining ¾ cup of ketchup with brown sugar, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. Combine all the ingredients together inside a small bowl. Add the glaze when the meatloaf is about two third of the way finish. You can heat up the glaze then serve it alongside baked meatloaf as sauce.
This recipe is able to serve eight people, so it is perfect for small dining party. Each serving contains 344 kilocalories which is quite indulgent. However, it is a special occasion food that you eat only once in a while. This dish does not require high level of cooking skills. It only involves mixing and baking. In total, you only need an hour to prepare this dish from start to finish. It can be done during weekdays.
As you can see, it is not hard at all to provide a stellar dish in a time pinch. You can definitely make simple dining event special with this meatloaf recipe best to impress with its special tangy glaze.