A fresh zucchini from the garden is a vegetable that you need to make a good and delicious healthy meal. You could cook it alone or combine it with other food. Zucchini is a healthy green vegetable with low calories, zero fat and rich with minerals, water, vitamins and high of fiber. Therefore, it is suitable for those people who are maintaining their weight. This healthy green vegetable is also good for aiding weight loss. Because it is rich with water, it will make us full for longer. However, if we just cook the zucchini alone, where is the fun on that? So, I suggest cheese will solve this problem.
I think it would be a good idea to combine cheese and zucchini in order to make a good and delicious dish. The combination of these two foods will never go wrong. The fresh taste from the zucchini and the savory taste from the cheese will make your mouth water just from thinking about it. From these two incredible ingredients, you could make a tasty and savory baked cheesy zucchini bites. This recipe could be eaten as a main dish, side dish, or a snack. This article will help you to make a tasty and savory baked cheesy zucchini bites. Without further due, here is the recipe:
Cheesy Zucchini Bites
- 1 ½ cups packed shredded zucchini
- 1 large egg, beat it lightly
- ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cups bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- First thing first, preheats the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet along with parchment paper. Do not forget to layer it with non-stick cooking spray. Make sure that you are sprayed evenly.
- Secondly, place the shredded zucchini on the paper tissue or kitchen towel. Squeeze in the sink till all off the excess water from the zucchini is out. You have to squeeze it until you are sure that the zucchini is really dry. After the zucchini is squeezed dry, it will only be left for about 1 cup. The ½ portion of the zucchini that is gone is water. This technique is used in order to get a really crisp baked cheesy zucchini bites.
- Thirdly, place the dry zucchini in the medium bowl along with egg, shredded cheddar cheese, fresh basil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix all of the ingredients until it well blended and combined.
- Next, scoop out the cheesy zucchini mixture onto the prepared baking sheets along with the parchment paper. Use a spoon as a tool to scoop out the mixture. And then, press it lightly with your hand or the scoop. You could make it thick or thin as you want. If you wish to have the golden and crispy edge you should press it thinly. However, if you wish to have a more tender and substantial press it thickly. Whatever your preferences are, they will be still so yummy.
- Last but not least, bake it for 16-20 minutes or so. Usually, around this approximate time, the edges of the baked cheesy zucchini are golden. When it becomes golden, it means that the baked cheesy zucchini bites are done and ready to serve.
- For the aesthetical purpose, you could move your tasty and savory baked cheesy zucchini bites into the plate. And then you could add a shredded cheese all over it. Or you could sprinkle it with fresh basil all over it.
Viola, the tasty and savory baked cheesy zucchini bites are ready to serve and enjoy. The yumminess and tastiness of it will make you want to take a bite more and more because of it just that good. Besides making your tummy happy, this dish will also make your health happy too. This dish is suitable to eat whenever and wherever you like. You could make it as your side dish or you could straight up eat it as a snack. You could also save it in your refrigerator and heat in when you want to eat it again.
Overall, the tasty and savory baked cheesy zucchini bites are a good dish. Moreover, to make this tasty and savory dish only need a little time. In less than 30 minutes you can enjoy this dish. What do you think? Do you want to try it at home? Well, let me know what you think about this recipe. Thank you for stopping by and reading this article. I hope you enjoy and like it. I will see you around on the next delicious baked cheesy zucchini bites. Happy baking and cooking.
Nutrition Facts for Cheesy Zucchini Bites
- Serving per recipe: 20
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Amount per serving
Calories 78.7 │Total fat 5.8 g│ Saturated Fat 1.0 g│ Polyunsaturated Fat 1.3 g│ Monounsaturated Fat 3.0 g│ Cholesterol 35.7 g │Sodium 101.0 mg│ potassium 81. 4 mg│Total Carbohydrate 3.9 gg │Dietary Fibre 0.3 g│ Sugars 0.6 g│ Protein 2.5 g│ Vitamin A 6,5 % │ Vitamin B-12 1.7 % │ Vitamin B-6 1.7 % │ Vitamin C 2,4% │ Vitamin D 1 % │ Vitamin E 5 % │ Calcium 3.3 % │ Copper 1.2% │Folate 2.2 %│Iron 1.3 %│Magnesium 1.7%│Niacin 0.6 %│ Pantothenic Acid 1.3%│ Phosphorus 4%│ Riboflavin 3.3%│ Selenium 4.2% │Thiamin 1.1 %│ Zinc 1.3 %