Are you looking for French toast recipes? If the answer is yes, you do not need to continue searching for more. Here is a simple and easy recipe for making French toast. With only 5 minutes of preparation and 5 minutes of cooking, you can get this toast ready in the table. Undoubtedly, it can be a great choice for breakfast or brunch. With no more ado, here are the ingredients and instructions.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Making French toast recipes begins with whisking the milk, eggs, vanilla, honey, and cinnamon. It is suggested to use baking dish or pie plate with flat bottom to do so.
- Second, place the bread slices on the mixture you have made on step 1. You can use one or two at a time, just as how you like it.
- Flip the bread to make sure that both sides are well coated. Take a look of your bread while dipping it on the mixture. If you leave the bread in it for too long, it will absorb the mixture and you will need longer time to cook the bread.
- On the other hand, prepare a large skillet and melt the butter. Next, put the bread slices there and cook it at medium heat. Continue cooking until the bread turns golden brown. Cook each side for about 2 up to 3 minutes.
- After that, take it off the skillet and place it in a serving plate.
- Finally, delicious French toast is ready to be enjoyed. Eat it while it is still warm. Eating it for more than 30 minutes after making the toast will not make it taste so appetizing.
French toast recipes use varying kinds of bread. The most used ones are Challah bread, Texas bread, Sally Lunn bread, Sandwich bread, and Sourdough bread. If you plan to make French toast for later, make sure you include one of these breads in your shopping list.
Especially for the milk, there are many choices to pick. Whether it is half and half, skim milk, whole milk, or heavy cream, any of them will be a good choice. For more, using dairy free milk can also be a good alternative for this recipe. Some of the choices you have are almond milk, coconut milk, and oat milk.
The sweetener for this recipe can be substituted with other ingredients. If you do not have any honey, try the maple syrup, coconut sugar, confectioner’s, or granulated sugar. Unlike the two alternative ingredients, sweetener may affect the toast’s flavor, even though it is just slightly. If you use maple syrup, the toast will have a hint of maple flavor. Maple syrup can give the best shot for toast flavor. However, if you do not have any, you can substitute it and applies the same for any French toast recipes.