If you want a creamy and flavorful sauce, you can try to make homemade alfredo sauce. It is simple to make. Moreover, you can have it from scratch as well. Just add with some ingredients, and you will enjoy delicious sauce as a companion for other dish. Here is the recipe.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whip cream
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- To make this homemade alfredo sauce, first you need to prepare a pan and set it in medium heat.
- Second, add the butter and cream there. bring them to simmer
- Third, whisk the garlic. Simmer it around 30 seconds until it is fragrant. Watch it properly so that it will not get burn.
- Then, turn off the heat. Take the Parmesan cheese and whisk it for about 4 minutes. Make sure that the sauce is thickening. Do not boil it.
- You can give some with pepper and salt as you want.
- Continue whisking it until you get the cheese melted. The sauce will turn out smooth and creamy.
- If you want to give some garnish, you can add minced parsley.
- Finally, delicious alfredo sauce is ready to be served. Enjoy it immediately for a better tasting. By making this alfredo sauce recipe, you can make 3 cups of sauce. It is enough to coat 1 pound of pasta.
Here are some tips when you make homemade alfredo sauce. First, do not use powdery Parmesan cheese if you do not want to ruin the texture. If you use canned grated Parmesan, it will give grainy taste in the end. On the other hand, the packaged shredded Parmesan will not melt because it has coating to keep it from sticking together in the bag. Moreover, for the Parmesan cheese, the best one is definitely the block Parmesan.
If you want to make the sauce thick, just add 2 ounces of softened cream cheese. For another option, you can use butter as well. Melt a teaspoon of butter and add 2 teaspoons of flour. Cook until it turns golden. Add it to the sauce and stir well. Let them simmer. Do not forget to turn the heat down as you add the Parmesan cheese. Do not boil this sauce, but simmer it. If you boil the sauce, it will break the texture and the sauce will taste yuck.
If you cannot eat this sauce at once, you can keep it in a refrigerator. This sauce can last up to 6 months in the fridge, only if you store it properly. Keep it in a tight container. You can use a freezer bag as well. if you want to reheat it, thaw it in the fridge overnight. Next, add this sauce to a sauce pan and cook it in medium low heat. Stir it well to make sure that the homemade alfredo sauce is not breaking.