We cannot deny that oven baked bacon is definitely tasty. It is healthier than the fried bacon as well. Making oven baked bacons is not hard. For an early suggestion, it is recommended to use the thick cut applewood smoked bacon. It can give you classic flavor. The thick cut it has also provides ultimate crunch.
For more, it is also a good choice to go with the center cut bacon. It has more lean and more meat. It is even better if you can manage to get the bacon directly from a local supplier in your town. Now, let’s check the complete recipe.
- Sliced bacon, as you like
- Nonstick spray
- Making oven baked bacon is so easy. First, you need to prepare a single baking sheet. Place the rack at the center of the oven. A single baking sheet usually can cover 6up to 8 slices of bacon. However, it depends on the bacon and sheet size as well. If you want to have a larger amount, put the rack in the lower and upper thirds. Then preheat it to 400 degrees.
- Then line the sheet with foil. Next, put baking rack on top. Spray some nonstick spray to the baking rack and arrange the bacon.
- If you have arranged it all, bake it for about 12 minutes. If you want the bacon to be crisper, you can bake it longer. If you use two racks for one time of baking, do not forget to rotate the positions so that all of the slices will get cooked well.
- After that, get the bacon on a plate lined with paper towel. Pat it lightly, so it will not be soggy. Let it cool first before eating it. You can enjoy it with pasta, salad, sandwiches, and many more.
Well, here is a little suggestion to clean up after making oven baked bacon. First, let the bacon grease cool and gets harden. After that you can crumple it by using foil and throw it away. If you plan to use the grease for other purposes, you can pour it in a lidded jar or container after letting it cool for a few minutes. Then refrigerate it.
In addition, if you have some bacon left, you can refrigerate them for 1 week. It can stay frozen for3 months as well. Just warm it first before eating or cooking it. You can use a microwave or use room temperature for this process.
For your information, this oven baked bacons can last for week in the refrigerator. If you want to make a larger batch, you can make it at once for any plan you have ahead. Just keep them in a tight container and save it in the refrigerator. When the bacons change color or have awful smell, you need to discard them. It is also important for you to cook packaged bacon no longer than 1 week from the time you open it.