When you are looking for good recipes with great composition of nutrients, weight watchers recipes can become your solution. There are various recipes to try and there are various categories. One of them is the curried prawns. It is not a difficult dish to make. Moreover, you get complete information from the recipe, so you will not need to worry about the details and process. Of course, the taste will be great since it will have strong taste of curry and the prawns. To start your cooking process, these are the details of ingredients and instructions.
- 500 grams green prawns, cleaned and peeled
- 1 brown onion in medium size, chopped
- 2 zucchini in medium size, halved and sliced
- 1 large tomato, cleaned, deseeded, and chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) skim milk
- ½ cup (60g) frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons plain flour
- ¾ cup (185ml) vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley for the serving.
- 2 celeries, sliced thinly
- Salt and pepper for the seasoning.
- Get all the ingredients ready.
- Prepare your non-stick frying pan. Add oil and heat it on the medium heat.
- Add in the onion and celery. Cook them and do not forget to stir them to cook them evenly. Cook them for around 7 minutes.
- Add the tomato and cook them for another 3 minutes until they are softened.
- After that, add the curry powder and flour. Cook and stir them for around 1 minute.
- Pour the stock and milk gradually. Do not forget to keep stirring the liquid to get those ingredients mixed completely.
- Add the zucchini and make them boiling.
- After boiling, reduce the heat and simmer them to get thickened. Usually it takes 5 minutes. Do not cover while simmering them.
- Add the peas and prawns. Simmer them for 3 minutes to make sure that your prawns are properly cooked.
- Add salt and pepper for the seasoning.
- Serve them with the parsley.
The curried prawns become good reference of weight watchers recipes. As what you see, you will not need complicated ingredients and herbs. In this case, the curry powder, milk, and zucchini will become important part to bring the strong taste for the curried prawns. Then, you only need salt and pepper for the flavor. In case you want to get richer taste, it is fine to give more seasoning to add the salt and pepper. It depends on you.
One of the hard parts is in the process of cleaning and peeling the prawns. Some people are not good in doing it. That is why it is also fine to buy the cleaned and peeled prawns. It can cut the preparation and things can be much easier for the weight watchers recipes.
When you also cannot deseed the tomato, it is actually easy to do. You only need to cut in half and get a spoon. After that, you can use the spoon to scoop out the seeds. It needs soft movement to keep the texture or form of tomato. Then, it is good to add more garnish, so you will get prettier serving for the weight watchers recipes.