If you have so many bananas at home, but do not know how to enjoy them other than eating wholly, this banana pudding recipe is what you need at the moment. By following this recipe, you will enjoy the taste of smooth and sweet pudding in just a minute of preparation. With no longer wait, here are the ingredients you need and the steps to follow.
- 5 bananas, sliced
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 package vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- To begin making this banana pudding recipe, first you need to beat the cream and the sweetened condensed milk. After that, add pudding mix, vanilla, and milk. Beat them all until they are mixed completely.
- Second, prepare another bowl and beat the heavy cream. Continue beating until it is in soft peaks form. Next, add powdered sugar then beat it again. Take 2 and ½ cups of it and set it aside. If there is remaining whipped cream, you can add it to the pudding mixture.
- Now, you can start to line the bottom of the pan with vanilla wafers. The suggested size of the pan is 9 x 13 cm. On top of, it put some sliced bananas. Then spread pudding mixture over it. On top of it, add the whipped cream.
- Last, cover it and keep it in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or overnight.
- Finally, delicious banana pudding is ready to be enjoyed.
For the best result for banana pudding recipe, it is suggested to use Nilla Wafers cookies as the layer of the base. For other options, the graham crackers, vanilla or white cookie, and digestive biscuits can be good choices for the bottom as well. It is because those cookies will get soften when you let it sit on the refrigerator. Using them, you will taste a cake-like texture of biscuit.
Another special thing from this pudding recipe is the vanilla pudding. Many people or other recipe may use banana pudding mix. However, banana pudding mix actually will change its flavor. Moreover, the fake banana flavor could not compare the true refreshing taste of fresh bananas. Therefore, it is highly recommended to use vanilla pudding and combine it with fresh sliced banana to get ultra-appetizing taste.
For the tips, you may need to use stabilizer for the whipped cream. This powder can keep the whipped cream from wilting. Just use one or two packets, and the whipped cream will come out nicely. Using whipped cream is the best choice if you are a type of person who likes a bit less sweet dessert. However, if you want to make it sweet, it can be substituted with cool whip or whipped topping. Using either whipped cream or the substitution will get you perfect taste of this banana pudding recipe.