One of the most popular and delicious snacks loved by many people is definitely the bbq chicken pizza. With the crunchy edge of a pizza, you can let your tongue taste the soft texture of chicken completed with delicious BBQ sauce. For more, enjoying this food while it is still hot will add the luscious taste of it. Therefore, making this pizza by yourself is one way to be able in enjoying it right after it is taken from the oven, and of course with any amount of chicken or BBQ sauce as you want. Here is the recipe.
- ½ pizza crust
- ½ small red onion, sliced thinly
- 2/3 cup smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Fresh cilantro for topping, chopped (optional)
- To make this bbq chicken pizza, you need to prepare the pizza dough first. After that, preheat the oven a 475 degree Fahrenheit. Then, cover the dough with a plastic wrap.
- To make the pizza crust not soggy, brush the dough with olive oil lightly. To prevent bubbling, push dents in the dough’s surface by using fingers.
- Next, spread the BBQ sauce on top of the pizza crust evenly. Continue with tossing the chicken with remaining BBQ sauce. After you spread it all around the surface, add the red onion and cheeses
- Bake the pizza for 12 up to 15 minutes. After that, take it off from the oven. For more refreshing taste, add fresh cilantro on top of it.
- Last, slice and enjoy it while it is still hot.
If this recipe is too much for yourself, you can keep it for later. Just cover the leftover and store it in the refrigerator. When you want to eat this bbq chicken pizza, reheat it. It can be frozen up until 3 months.
For more information, 1 cup of chopped chicken is enough in this recipe. It can be rotisserie chicken or pre-cooked chicken. Just shred or chop it, and it will be perfect pizza topping. For another option, you can also cook your own chicken. For the tips, it is needed to toss the cooked chicken in small amount of BQQ sauce first before it is added on top of the pizza. This way will prevent the cooked chicken to be drying out.
This recipe also uses two types of cheese. Each cheese actually can give its own unique taste. The mozzarella is suitable for classic pizza flavor. On the other hand, the smoked gouda can give deep smokey flavor. This type of cheese can match well with the sweet taste of BBQ sauce as well as fresh cilantro. Therefore, using both mozzarella and gouda will double the yummy taste. However, if you do not want to spend much money in buying the ingredients, it is alright not to use gouda in bbq chicken pizza recipe.