Everyone simply needs to know a beef and broccoli recipe. Combining beef and broccoli is indeed the right movement. The protein and the vegetable go so well together, not only in Chinese cuisine, but in all types of cuisine.
However, the most sought type of recipe involving the two ingredients is indeed the Chinese-styled one. Everyone loves the savory flavor of the dish, especially when it is combined with a bowl of warm rice. It is so delicious and makes you full for a long time.
If you want to make the recipe, do not worry about finding the easy one because the best beef and broccoli recipe is here for you. The recipe is incredibly simple, delicious, and surely has the capability of providing you with amazing lunch. Down below is the recipe for you to read and to try.
- 1 large-sized broccoli, washed and cut into small pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 pound of flank steak, left in room temperature
- 2 cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Rub salt and freshly ground black pepper all over the flank steak.
- Make marinate for the steak. Mix together soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and fish sauce together. Soak the steak into the mixture. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the meat out of marinate. Heat up a non-stick pan, drizzle a little bit oil in it, and cook the steak 1 minute per side.
- In this beef and broccoli recipe, it is suggestible that you let the steak rest for 10 minutes and then slice the steak thinly. Set it aside.
- Prepare a large wok. Into the wok, heat up vegetable oil. After that, add in the garlic and ginger. Cook until they are brown and softened.
- Then, add in the broccoli and cook for a while until they are a little bit softened.
- Add in beef broth and the marinating mixture. Close the wok with a lid for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make slurry by adding a couple teaspoons of water to the cornstarch. Mix well.
- Add in the beef to the wok and then followed by the slurry. Cook for 1 minute until everything is cooked and the sauce is thickened.
- Serve warm with a bowl of cooked rice.
Now that you know how to make the perfect dish out of beef and broccoli, you do not have to get in line at any Chinese takeout anymore. You can make everything on your very own, using fresher ingredients and in your own kitchen. The result is surely more stunning and healthier. Just keep practicing on this beef and broccoli recipe until you master it.