There is nothing better than eating a delicious, warm twice baked potato. The dish is so easy to make and it only takes a few ingredients. It is believed that the dish is so effortlessly that you do not need to be a decent cook to make it.
For those who have never made the dish before but keen to try in the near future, here is the easiest and most delicious recipe of twice baked potato. The recipe uses four different types of cheese and also yummy bacon crumbles as the filling. It is totally delicious. Here is the recipe.
- 4 russet potatoes, washed
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 100 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 100 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- To start making the twice baked potato, preheat oven 425 degrees Fahrenheit or 218 degrees Celsius for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dry the washed potato thoroughly and then pierce the potatoes with fork. Lay them down one a baking tray lined with aluminum foils. Drizzle olive oil all over the potatoes and then rub salt and freshly ground black pepper evenly on the potatoes.
- Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven for 60 minutes. After 60 minutes, pierce a fork to the center of the potatoes. If the fork goes in easily, it means they are done. Take the potatoes out of the oven. Let cool.
- After the potatoes are cooled (30 minutes or so), use a spoon to scoop the center of the potato, creating a boat-like shape. Do not discharge the flesh of the potato.
- In a large bowl, mix together the scooped potato flesh with the cooked bacon. Add in the softened cream cheese, grated cheddar cheese, grated parmesan cheese, and half amount of the mozzarella cheese. Mix them all together until well-combined. Give it a taste test and adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
- Scoop the filling back into the potato skins/ potato boats. Line them all back on the baking tray and sprinkle the top with the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until all the cheeses are completely melted.
- Serve warm.
The recipe is so easy to make. The best thing about it is that you can change every ingredient, but the potato, of course. If you do not like cheese, you can replace the creaminess of the cheese by using mayonnaise, sour cream, or anything else. You can also replace the bacon, if you do not eat one, with other types of protein.
Make sure you are using your creativity while making the recipe because it allows you to be as creative as possible, especially when it comes to the filling of the potato skin. Put in anything you want to eat and it will be (still) a delicious twice baked potato dish.