The best asparagus recipe is needed to turn the unpopular vegetable into delicious dish that people like. Asparagus is not fancied too much by many people. It is because the vegetable is considered to be very hard to chew and the taste is pretty much bland. Well, it is kind of weird fiber-like texture.
However, this vegetable is full of good stuff. It has vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E. It also has tons of fiber in it, which is very useful for the digestive system. That’s why even though the vegetable is not favorable; people just have to eat it once in a while.
Thankfully, there are many recipes to make when it comes to asparagus. Those recipes can turn the unpopular vegetables into scrumptious dish. One of them is this recipe of asparagus cream soup. This is a comfort food recipe, perfect to be served during cold weather.
Moreover, if you have no idea on how to make this best asparagus recipe in cream soup dish, follow the recipe below. It has everything you need, starting from the list of ingredients to the step-by-step methods.
- 1 bundle (400 g) asparagus, washed and chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 large white onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 5 tablespoons cooking cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- To make the best asparagus recipe in the form of warm creamy soup, heat a sauce pan over medium heat. Drizzle olive oil and add in chopped onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in minced garlic. Cook for another minute.
- After that, add in the chopped asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes until the asparagus starts to soft.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring the mixture to boil. Add in salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for at least 5 minutes until the asparagus is thoroughly cooked and completely soften.
- Add the cooking cream. Stir well until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Grab a hand blender and blend the soup until smooth and thick.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is very easy to make and alter. If you are a vegetarian, some aspects you need to change in the recipe is chicken stock. Replace the ingredient with vegetable or mushroom stock. It will be as delicious as the original recipe would be.
Also, the cream needs to be replaced with something vegetarian, such as coconut cream. However, use the coconut cream wisely because the strong taste of coconut will interfere with the asparagus flavor. You can use any types of non-dairy cream that you can find around you.
Serve the soup with some toast and parmesan cheese grated on top. However, it is just delicious already without you adding anything else to the soup. Therefore, it is considered as the best asparagus recipe ever.