If you have leisure time and want a delicious snack, this best banana cake recipe is certainly what you need. The recipe is easy to make and have no hard ingredients to find. For more, this cake is also suitable for any kinds of occasion, either with your friends or family.
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, soften it to room temperature
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 and ½ cup butter milk, let it sit at room temperature
Cream cheese frosting
- 8 ounces full fat block cream cheese, soften it to room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, if you want love sweet taste, you can add the amount
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- The first step in this best banana cake recipe is to preheat your oven at 350 degrees. Grease a pan as well. The suggested size is 9 x 13 inch.
- Second, make the cake first. Prepare the mashed bananas and set it aside. Next, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Beat the butter by using a mixer until it is smooth and creamy. Add sugar and continue beating it until they are creamed together. Make sure that you scrape down the bottom of the bowl.
- Next, add the vanilla and eggs. Beat them in medium high speed. After that, add the mashed bananas and continue beating. Now slowly add the dry ingredients with the buttermilk. Make the batter slightly thick with few lumps. Make sure that you are not over mixing it.
- Then, spread the batter in a pan. Bake it for about 45 up to 50 minutes. Check whether the cake is cooked or not by using a tooth pick. Insert it in the center. When it comes out clean, you can take the cake off from the oven. For a tip in this best banana cake recipe, if the top of the cake gets browning in a short time, you can cover it with aluminum foil.
- Let the cake cool completely for about 45 minutes after you take it off from the oven.
- Then, let’s make the frosting. Prepare a large bowl and beat the cream cheese and butter by using a stand mixer on high speed until they are creamy and smooth. Add the confectioners’ sugar, salt, and vanilla. Beat them on low speed for around 30 seconds then switch to high speed for around 2 minutes. If you like thick frosting, then you can add ¼ cup of confectioners’ sugar.
- After the frosting is ready, spread it over the cake. Refrigerate them at least 30 minutes.
- Finally, delicious banana cake is ready to be enjoyed. If you have leftover of this best banana cake recipe, you still can keep it in the refrigerator for about 5 days