A delicious taste of Belgian waffles indeed makes people want to know the secret of the best Belgian waffle recipe. With its soft texture, this snack is suitable for any kinds of topping, such as strawberries, blueberries, fried apples, raspberries, whipped topping, powdered sugars, and even ice cream.
Belgian waffle is actually similar to the kind of classic waffles. However, Belgian waffle usually has deeper pockets. It also tends to be very light and airy inside. In the traditional way, it is made by using yeast. Today, people replace the ingredient and use baking powder instead. If you are curious about the secret recipe, now you can get what you desired.
- 1 full cup of butter, melted
- 2 ¼ cups of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of whole milk
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, separate it in two different bowls
- Fresh strawberries, sliced (it is optional, you can change it with any toppings, as you like)
- To make the best Belgian waffle recipe, first you need to prepare waffle iron then preheat it. Do not forget to spray it with cooking spray. Choose the non-stick one. After that, set aside.
- Prepare 3 bowls, one with the larger size. Then, pour the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder in the larger bowl. Whisk them together. This is what we call as dry ingredients.
- On the other bowl, beat the egg white lightly by using a hand mixer. Make sure it is in stiff peaks form.
- On the other bowl, take the egg yolks and mix it with milk, vanilla extract, and vegetable oil.
- Pour the mixture of egg yolk into the dry ingredients. Mix them well.
- Now, start to fold your egg whites
- After that, pour batter into the prepared waffle iron. Start to cook it. Follow the manufacturer’s instruction (usually it takes around 20 minutes).
- After it is well cooked, you can serve the Belgian waffles with syrup, strawberries, or any kinds of toppings you desired.
By following this best Belgian waffle recipe, you can get lots of nutrition. In short, you get 319 kcal calories, 8% iron10, 35g carbohydrates, 14.8% calcium, 6gprotein, 3.2% vitamin A, 17g fat, 12g saturated fat, 47mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 284mg potassium, 1g fiber, and 7g sugar.
If you are a beginner and do not have any experience in making a waffle, you need to take notes on the following tips. To get the best result, you need to grease the waffle maker lightly first before starting to pour the batter. Besides, it is also important to get the white eggs stiff peaks. Make sure you are not making it curling over. The best Belgian waffle recipe should come with white eggs that are not moving even if you tilt the bowl.