Many people are curious to know the best pesto recipe. If you are not familiar with this food, in short it is a delicious mixture of cheese, fresh basil, garlic, nuts, and last, olive oil. This dish is best served during the warm weather. You can find it in stores indeed, however, it is still cannot be compared to the homemade flavor.
Making pesto is not difficult. In fact, you may only need about 10 minutes to make it. Originally, it is made with a food processor. However, if you do not have one at home, you can make it with a blender. Here are the ingredients and steps of the best pesto recipe.
- 2 cups of basil leaves, choose the fresh one and remove the stems
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup of nuts, suggested pine nuts
- ½ cup of fresh parmesan cheese
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- ¼ tsp of salt
- To begin with, prepare your food processor or blender. In the bowl, add basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Pulse or blend them for 5 times. Make sure you get a foul-mouthed mixture form.
- After that, turn your food processor or blender at low speed. Then, add the olive oil slowly in stable stream. Do not pour it all at once. After pouring olive oil, you can start to run your food processor at high speed again.
- Mix it well. Let it be blended for approximately 30 seconds. After that, pour it into small bowl or plate. Taste it a little by using your finger or teaspoon to make sure the taste. If it does not meet as what you desire, you can add pepper or salt.
- Finally, delicious pesto is ready to be served. If you are planning to save it and eat it for later, you can keep it in a bowl then cover it with plastic wrap. Make sure it is well kept in the refrigerator. For simple tips, you need to make sure that the plastic wrap is touching the top of your pesto. In this way, you can keep the pesto from having contact with the air. If you let too much air inside the bowl while keeping it, your pesto will turn brown, and of course it will not taste as mouthwatering as when the pesto is on the original green color.
Well, pesto is rich of nutrition. By following this best pesto recipe, your body will get 1474 kcal of calories, 11g carbohydrates, 25g protein, 152g fat, 25g saturated fat, 34mg cholesterol, 1388mg sodium, 456mg potassium, 2g fiber, 2g sugar, 68.8% calcium, and 27.9% iron. Besides, pesto also contains 58.5% vitamin A and 12.7% vitamin C.
It is not difficult, right? Well, the ingredients are also very easy to find. Therefore, if one day you feel craving for pesto, you can just grab a food processor or blender, and start to make this best pesto recipe in a minute.