This could be the best chicken Alfredo recipe. Golden brown chicken which is combined with tasty Alfredo sauce will make you mouth-watered. To make it even greater, some people also add pasta like what is done in this recipe. Instead of buying this menu in a restaurant, it is best to make a homemade. Let’s take a look at the recipe below.
- 1 lb or 500 grams of boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 8 ounces or 250 grams brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces or 250 grams dry pasta, penne or fettuccini
- 500 ml or 2 cups of chicken broth or stock
- 375 ml or 1 ½ cups of heavy cream, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Extra salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Parsley, freshly chopped, to garnish
- 125 ml or ½ cup of dry white wine, optional
- Get prepared to make this best chicken Alfredo recipe. Cut chicken thighs or breasts into slices. Season the chicken slices with salt and pepper.
- Get a large pot. Pour half of the oil to the pot and heat it over medium to high heat. Put the chicken slices into the pot and sear on both sides. Wait until cooked through and golden brown. Now remove the chicken and set it aside.
- Add the remaining oil in the pot. Add onion; stir occasionally until transparent for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, sauté it until fragrant for 30 seconds.
- Add the white wine in the pot. Allow it to reduce to half. It may need 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Cook it for one minute and stir occasionally.
- This best chicken Alfredo recipe is almost done. Next, pour in 1 cup of cream and broth. Season it with salt and pepper. Bring your cook to a gentle simmer and then add the pasta. Keep stirring and wait until it is al dente.
- Add parmesan cheese until it melts. Remove the heat and add more cups of milk if you think it is too thickened. Adjust the salt and pepper as well.
- Add the chicken slices into the pasta and stir. Add parsley and extra parmesan cheese if desired.
As for the milk, you can also choose thickened cream, light cream, or evaporated milk. Simply adjust to what you have and what you can afford. Regarding the wine, it is best to use a good quality of dry white wine such as Sav Blanc, Pinot Grigio, and others. Using a good quality will add the taste of your chicken Alfredo.
To sum up, there are three main steps: cook the chicken, make the sauce, and make the pasta. It is simple, isn’t it? The full instructions can be seen above. Regarding the parmesan cheese, use the freshly grated one instead of powdered parmesan. It will give different taste, so highlight it. Well, hopefully you enjoy following this best chicken Alfredo recipe.