Are you still wondering about the best frittata recipe? If the answer is yes, you do not need to wait for more. This is the secret recipe which you are looking for. With the delicious frittata recipe in your hand, you will be able to enjoy this dish that’s not hard to make. Here are the ingredients you need, along with the steps to make it.
- 1 cup cheese, grated or crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups vegetables
- 3 tbsp full fat dairy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- For the garnish, you need leafy herbs such as parsley, basil or cilantro, chop it or torn it fresh
- First, start this best frittata recipe by preheating the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Then crack the eggs in a medium sized bowl.
- Second, add the full fat dairy. For this ingredient, you can use heavy cream, yogurt, sour cream, or whole milk. Whisk them until the white egg and yolks are blended. Then whisk half of the cheese (the other half is for topping). Set this mixture aside.
- Prepare your oven or cast iron and heat the olive oil. Add hard vegetables and cook it for few minutes. Stir it and then add any softer vegetables if you desire. When the vegetables are tender, you can add garlic and cook until it is fragrant. You can season it with salt as you like. If you use a traditional stove top, you need to whisk the eggs once more before pouring the mixture on top of the vegetables. Stir it with spatula and distribute the mixture evenly. If you want to add cheese for the topping, you can sprinkle it now.
- When the outside edge of the frittata turns to light color, you can transfer it to the oven then bake for about 7 up to 14 minutes. Make sure that you keep an eye to it. Give a gentle shimmy when the eggs come puffed and cooked. Another hint is, when the frittata jiggles a bit. Takeout the frittata and place it in a plate to let it cool down. After that, garnish it with herb. Slice the frittata with a sharp knife and enjoy it.
If you want to make the best frittata recipe in baked casserole option, you need to let the cooked vegetables to cool down for a minute first. After that, stir it in the eggs mixture and pour it into a pan. Last, serve it with cheese. If you do not like cheese topping, you can skip it. The suggested pan size for this method is 9 by 13’’.
For the baked mini frittata, you also need to cool down the cooked vegetables first then stir it to the egg mixture. After that, take muffin cups and fill it 1/3 of the full cup. If you want cheese in this best frittata recipe, just add it as the toppings before baking for 13 up to 17 minutes.