The best margarita recipe is always sought by those who want to have great party at home. Many people love classic margarita. However, this cocktail has been around for a long time and has been modified numerous times. The cocktail mix is often spiced up with fruits, exotic spices, and even herbs.
If you have become quite a bit bored of the taste of classic margarita, you can try this recipe. Well, it is the heavily modified version of traditional cocktail. Instead of using several types of booze in the mix, this version of margarita is using mixed berry syrup. It gives fresh, tangy flavor to the cocktail. Here is how you can make the best margarita recipe.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup fine sugar
- 1 cup frozen mixed berry (blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries), thawed
- 1 ½ cup ice, crushed
- Fresh berries (for garnish)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 ¼ cup tequila
- ¼ cup fine salt (for the glass rims)
- 1 lime, wedged (for garnish)
- The first step in making the best margarita recipe is to make the mixed berry syrup. Prepare a non-stick saucepan. In it, mix together the thawed mixed berries, water, and fine sugar. Turn on the heat and cook the mixture over low heat until the berries are all softened and the sugar is completely melted and dissolved.
- Continue cooking the berry mixture for 10 minutes until it forms thick syrup.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the heat and let the syrup cool completely.
- Prepare a strainer, once the syrup is cooled, strain the syrup to remove all the berries. Do not throw away the berries because you can use it later for smoothies or desserts.
- Now, let’s make the margarita. First of all, grab a plate and pour the salt on it. Grab the cocktail glass and wet the rim of the glass with water. Then, dip the rim into the salt. Shake off any excess salt.
- Fill ¼ part of the cocktail glass with crushed ice. Set aside.
- In a shaker, mix together ½ cup of berry syrup you just have made with lime juice, tequila, and the rest of the crushed ice.
- Shake well until the margarita mix inside the shaker is chilled completely.
- Pour the margarita into the cocktail glass and garnish it with lime wedges and fresh berries.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is heavily open to change. It can be altered according to your preference. If you do not like blueberries, just use strawberry and raspberry only. Also, if you do not like either strawberry or raspberry, use other kinds of berry available, including blackberries or the super-tangy cranberries.
The rim of cocktail glass can be coated with fine sugar instead of salt, too. If you do not like saltiness to interfere with the taste of the cocktail, use sugar to coat the rim. The garnish can also be changed into whatever you like. You can even add lemon slices to modify your best margarita recipe.