The best lasagna recipe is here for you. Who doesn’t know lasagna? Lasagna has been known around the world. It is originally from Italy and a form of pasta. It is mentioned that lasagna is one of the oldest pasta. There have been many modern recipes for this menu. No wonder that there are various choices when it comes to lasagna. Indeed, this traditional dish is popular that it is worth to cook at home. The ingredients are easy to buy, so you won’t meet any particular difficulty in making the dish. Are you interested in making this one? Let’s take a look at the recipe below.
- 9 Lasagna noodles
- ¾ pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium diced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 2/3 cup water
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp and ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 15 ounces or 1 carton Ricotta cheese
- 2 cans tomato paste
- ¾ tsp divided salt
- ¾ tsp fennel seed
- ¼ tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 cups Mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- Let’s make the best lasagna recipe. First thing first, cook the noodles by following the instruction on the package.
- Meanwhile, cook onion, beef, and sausage over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes. Breaking up the meat into crumbles. Add garlic in it and cook for one minute only. Drain them.
- Stir altogether 1/ 2 tsp salt, 3 tbsp parsley, sugar, basil, tomato waste, fennel, pepper, and water. Boil them. Then, reduce the heat, and simmer it. Let it uncovered for 30 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Prepare a small bowl. It’s time to mix several ingredients: remaining parsley, salt, egg, and ricotta cheese.
- Now preheat oven to 375 degrees. Ungreased the baking dish. Next, spread 2 cups of meat sauce into the baking dish. Second layer is three noodles and the third one is the ricotta mixture. On top of that, sprinkle 2 tbsp parmesan cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers twice. The very top of that will be the remaining cheese and meat sauce.
- Put them inside of the oven, cover it, and bake. It needs 25 minutes. Bake for another 25 minutes, uncovered until bubbly. It may need more than 25 minutes to bubbly, so that’s fine. Let it cool down for 15 minutes and serve. You are successful in making the best lasagna recipe.
This recipe is for 12 servings and the baking needs 50 minutes approximately. As seen in the recipe, there is Italian sausage included in the ingredient list. It may be not easy to find one, so it can be replaced by ground beef. It will work the same.
In addition, you can add veggies for this lasagna. You can sauté all veggies ahead of time. It is meant to release some extra moisture. To add it into the lasagna, simply layer them with the cheeses and meat. It will be best lasagna recipe for sure.