Every household always has the best meatball recipe that they use from time to time for family dinner or catering guests. This meaty dish is definitely many people’s choice for comfort food. It is flavorful, warm, and quite hearty. You may have recipe than has been passed for generations in your family. The classic one is always considered the best. Nonetheless, try this particular recipe and see for yourself.
- A pound ground beef. It is recommended to use the chuck with 85% of leanness
- ½ pound ground pork
- 2 medium size eggs, whisked until smooth
- A cup dried breadcrumbs such as Panko
- 5 slices Italian-style bread
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, freshly chopped
- A tablespoon Italian seasoning mix. You can make it your own by combining dried basil, dried marjoram, dried oregano, dried thyme, and dried rosemary.
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Regular sea salt to taste
- Black pepper, freshly grounded to taste
- Cold water
- To make this best meatball recipe, prepare an oven by preheating it up to 375ºF (or 191ºC).
- Place bread slices inside cold water then let them soak for around five minutes. Take it out immediately and press the bread slices to remove excess water as best as you can manage.
- Combine ground beef, ground pork, sliced bread, parsley, and eggs inside a mixing bowl.
- Add seasonings, dried breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese into the mixture. Combine thoroughly to ensure the flavors marry together well. Be careful not to overdo the mixing process because it can make the meatball tough once it is done.
- Form balls of meat dough using your hand. You can utilize ice cream scoop or spoon to do portion control so the meatballs are all in the same size.
- Bake the meatballs for about 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure that there is no pink side anymore in any of the meatball.
- Serve the meatball.
This best meatball recipe will benefit well to be served with a good tomato sauce. You can use store bought one, but homemade sauce is definitely the best choice. You can use crush tomato or premade marinara sauce to make the sauce. To enhance the Italian flavor, you can use Italian seasonings and grated parmesan cheese in the sauce. Usually the meatballs will be served alongside cooked pasta. It can be served with bread as well.
This particular recipe has around 111 kilocalories per ball. The calorie content depends on how big you are portioning each ball. It is comfort food to indulge in so nobody should feel too guilty about eating few meatballs every once in a while. The cooking time is not too long. It only requires about 45 minutes to prepare this dish until serving.
It is an easy dish to make during weeknights. The best of all, it can be kept inside the freezer easily and stay there for up to a month so you can have some for quick dinner. Try this best meatball recipe at home!