Everyone needs at least one best chocolate cake recipe in their life. It is hard to find someone who dislikes chocolate cake. This delicious cake is one of the most classic comfort food. It is sweet, rich, and very filling. When eating the cake, any notion of control flies right out the window. There are recipes that call out for healthier ingredients. However, the best version out there is definitely the indulgent one.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour. It can be substituted with self-rising flour which allows you to omit baking soda and baking powder in this recipe.
- 3 cups white granulated sugar. You can replace it with brown sugar but that will change the texture.
- 1½ cups high quality cocoa powder, unsweetened.
- 1½ cups water, warmed. You can replace half of it with freshly brewed coffee to enhance the chocolate flavor.
- 1½ cups buttermilk. You can make it your own by mixing whole milk with few teaspoons of vinegar or lemon juice.
- 4 large size eggs, free range is the best choice.
- ½ cup neutral oil such as canola or vegetable oil.
- A tablespoon baking soda.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste or extract.
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt.
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder.
- Some butter and flour to coat the baking pan.
- Prepare a 9 inch baking round then butter it and dust with flour.
- Preheat an over up to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Mix all dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, sea salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix all wet ingredients: warm water, buttermilk, eggs, oil, and vanilla paste.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together to form the batter. Remember not to mix the ingredients too long to prevent gluten development that will make the cake really tough when it comes out.
- Bake the cake inside preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes. The skewer should come out without wet batter if you insert it to the cake’s center.
- Let the cake cool for about 15 minutes on wire racks inside the pan before letting it out.
- Serve the cake.
This best chocolate cake recipe will not be completed without some chocolate butter cream. This particular recipe includes cream cheese in the butter cream making process. It provides a little salty and tangy taste to the overall taste to cut down the richness of chocolate. You will need to prepare equal amount of butter and cream cheese, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
The best chocolate cake recipe contains 767 kilocalories per serving or a small slice. It is quite a lot and you are not recommended to eat it more than once in a while. However, this food is definitely something to indulge in on special occasions. It will be able to lift up your mood easily.
It is not too hard to prepare the recipe from start to finish. You only need about an hour and half to complete the process. Make this best chocolate cake recipe and be happy!