The best prime rib roast recipe ever is perfect to serve for any special occasion. Prime rib roast is also known as standing rib roast. Of course, you know they are the same thing. A prime rib comes from primal rib. This rib is from 2 to 7 ribs from overall rib section. There are options you can choose, so it is up to you to use which rib to cook. In order to cook this dish, let’s take a look at the ingredients and steps you have to do.
Prime rib roast:
- 5 kg prime rib
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 1 head of garlic, unpeeled and halved
- 1 onion, quartered and unpeeled
Red wine sauce:
- 675 ml or 2.5 cups dry red wine
- 375 ml or 1.5 cups of beef broth or stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or corn flour (optional)
Garlic herb butter:
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 150 gram or 10 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Let’s try this best prime rib roast recipe ever. Before cooking this dish, it is best to take it out from the fridge. The best time is 2 to 3 hours before.
- Preheat oven to 460 degrees Fahrenheit or 240 degrees Celsius. Adjust the shelf of the oven.
- Let’s make the garlic herb butter. Prepare a bowl. Add black pepper, salt, minced garlic, unsalted butter, chopped rosemary, and chopped thyme. Mix them well.
- Then, place the herbs, onion, and garlic in a roasting pan.
- Next thing to do is to spread butter on the beef. You can place it in the oven now and roast the prime rib for about 20 minutes.
- Later on, remove the rib and spread the rest of the butter. Turn down the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit for standard oven and 212 degrees for convection or fan.
- Roast the rib again for 1.5 hours with every 30 minutes for basting. Use juices in the pan you have made for this best prime rib roast recipe ever.
- To make medium rare, wait until the internal temperature is 118 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once it is done, transfer the rib to a plate. Use foil to cover it and let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
To get the red wine sauce, you only need to mix the beef broth and red wine with onion and garlic. Over medium heat, add cornstarch to make the sauce thickened. You can adjust the amount of the cornstarch.
For your information, even though it is not difficult to find rib at market, not all of stores provide high quality rib cuts. Therefore, meet a butcher you trust to get the rib cuts. That’s all the things you can do to make a perfect standing rib. Good luck on trying this best prime rib roast recipe ever.