If you are currently looking for the best biscuit recipe, this may be the right one for you. Biscuit is known to be food product that’s made from flour and baked. There are a lot of biscuit versions in this world. A state may have particular biscuit that’s different from others. This food product is favored by many people without seeing the age or gender. Are you one of them? No wonder that the recipe may vary as well. In order to make biscuit, here is a recipe you can try at home. Let’s get started.
- 177 ml or ¾ cup of whole milk
- 250 gram or 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 85 gram or 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cold one
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- In order to make this best biscuit recipe, you need cold butter as mentioned in the list of ingredients. For the best result, freeze the butter for about 10-20 minutes. A very cold butter is great to have.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare cookie sheet and nonstick parchment paper. Line the sheet with the paper you have prepared. Set it aside first.
- Get a large bowl. Add baking powder, flour, salt, and sugar in the bowl. Combine them together. Again, set it aside.
- Now, it is time to take the butter out of the refrigerator. Cut it into small pieces. You can use a box grater of a pastry cutter. It is best to get small pieces and add them to the flour mixture. Then, stir.
- To get coarse crumbs from the mixture, cut the butter and combine it with the grated butter. The mixture needs to resemble the crumbs.
- Add milk to the mixture. Continue to stir the mixture using a spatula or wooden spoon. Do it until combined.
- After preparing the mixture, prepare a surface that is poured with flour is necessary in this best biscuit recipe. It’s time to work the dough on that surface. Add flour when the dough is still too sticky.
- When the dough is cohesive, fold in, just half and do it over itself. Use your hands, and it is not really recommended to use rolling pin. Do it 5 to 6 times.
- Flatten the dough to get 1 inch thick. Next, cut the dough with round biscuit cutter.
- Get the dough into the sheet and bake them. It takes 12 minutes only, or just wait until the tops get lightly golden brown. Once it is done, your biscuit is ready to serve.
If you get a perfect cold butter, it will give you buttery, flaky, and light biscuits. Therefore, try to freeze the butter first before starting to make the biscuits. For your information, this recipe is for 6 servings. You can double the ingredients to make more biscuits. Well, this best biscuit recipe is done to apply.