The best salsa recipe is always needed, especially by those who love dipping foods into salsa. Salsa is well-known as one of the best entries on Mexican cuisine. However, these days the recipes are heavily modified and developed. That’s why salsa does not have to be all avocado and tomato. You can find it with mangoes and even bell peppers in it.
Well, despite of all modifications, the classic salsa is still considered to be the very best at all. It is safe to say that apparently everyone knows how to make classic salsa. However, if you have never tried making one on your own, and you need a recipe as a guide, down below is the best salsa recipe you can try. This recipe leads you to all-time favorite, classic salsa with avocado and tomato. Here is the recipe to try.
- 3 ripe avocados, diced
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup (20 g) fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- A pinch of fine salt
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- To start making the best salsa recipe, first of all you need to prepare a large bowl. In the bowl, mix all ingredients together, starting from avocado, tomato, red onion, and cilantro.
- Then, add in the garlic, feta cheese, and Greek yogurt.
- Pour lime juice and red wine vinegar. Mix everything in the bowl gently.
- Give it a taste. Adjust the taste with fine salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- After the taste is right, cover the bowl with some plastic wrap. Then, allow the salsa to set for at least half an hour. Do not skip this part because it is the time for salsa to develop its best flavor.
- You can put salsa on refrigerator if you want it to taste cool and refreshing.
- After 30 minutes, remove the plastic wrap and serve salsa with tortilla chips, taco, or anything else you desire.
This classic salsa is usually a mandatory condiment in the Mexican cuisine. It will always be on the menu of any Mexican restaurants. You can use salsa for many other dishes and cuisines, though. It does not have to be eaten with tortilla or with tacos. You can accompany it with many things else, including flat bread or even toast. Well, salsa is also good to be eaten with the main courses, such as steak or grilled chicken.
In addition, the ingredients to make salsa that listed above are open to substitutions. For those who do not like feta cheese, you can replace it with other kinds of cheese, including goat cheese, and even ricotta cheese. As long as they have delicate texture and easy to crumble, they can be used in the best salsa recipe listed above.