In Spain, you cannot have a party with boys without making the best sangria recipe as the main beverage. Sangria is a Spain version of cocktail-drink that is made by using red wine and brandy as the main ingredients. Since it is based on the combination of red wine and brandy, Sangria has a high level of alcohol and bitter taste.
To reduce the bitterness, it usually combined with fruit’s juice and chopped fruit. The fruits are usually different in each area where you made the Sangria. In Spain, people usually use orange, lemon and apple. Lemon is usually squeezed to get the juice, while apple is being chopped for the “snack” inside. On the other hand, orange can be both chopper or squeezed for its juice. Moreover, if you are not in those fruits production area, you can use seasonal fruit, like strawberry or peaches.
So, what are the ingredients to make the basic Sangria and how can you made it? Now, let’s check some tips to make the best sangria recipe for your party and family gathering.
- ½ cup of brandy (make sure it is the medium or high quality brandy for the best flavor)
- One cup of pure orange juice (avoid using the instant orange juice)
- 1 juiced lemon (about 2 tablespoons of the juice)
- 2 diced apple in chunks shape
- Sparkling water as needed
- 1 diced orange in chunks shape
- 750 ml of Spanish red wine
- Several cubes of ice
- Mix the fruits to a huge pitcher. Then, add lemon juice and stir it carefully to let the fruits mix together.
- After that, pour brandy, orange juice and the Spanish red wine. Again, stir it well.
- Before serving your Sangria, You have to put it to the fridge and let it cool for 4 hours. Or, you can let it cool overnight to make the taste better.
- Stir the Sangria one more time before put it in the glass.
- Put ices in glass then pour Sangria in it.
- Add the sparkling water on top, and now your Sangria is ready to be served.
Actually, you can modify the ingredients to get the best sangria recipe. For example, if you do not like sour taste from orange juice or lemon, you can replace it with maple syrup. It has a very caramel taste that can be combined easily with red wine. Well, the result will be winey and sweet Sangria. Moreover, if you have trouble in alcohol, just use soda for a lighter taste. Mix the soda then stir before you refrigerate it.
Well, those are the things you need to make the best Sangria drink. Since it is an alcoholic beverage, make sure you are not driving to avoid any unnecessary action. If you have made the best sangria recipe, do not forget to share the recipe to your beloved ones to let them know the grand thing that you just made.