Many people will say that only Italian grandmother who knows the best spaghetti recipe in the world. You may be one of many who are intimidated by the notion of making your spaghetti sauce and meatballs from scratch. After all, you can easily find ready to use sauce and frozen meatballs in the grocery store. This article proves that making these spaghetti’s complementary ingredients is not that complicated. You will be amazed at how your spaghetti flavor will be improved by taking these extra steps.
- A pound of spaghetti. You can use whole wheat or just the regular one
Simple Marinara Sauce
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes (each can weighs around 26 ounces)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced well
- A medium size yellow onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste, freshly grounded
- A pound of Italian sausage with the casing taken off. It is recommended to use the sweet one
- A pound of ground beef, with 85% to 93% of leanness for this best spaghetti recipe
- 3 sliced white bread, shredded to pieces the crust removed
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ⅔ cup water, cold
- A large size egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced well
- A teaspoon sea salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper, freshly grounded
- Soak bread in the cold water for about 5 minutes before mashing it with fork.
- Combine mashed bread, sausage, ground beef, minced garlic, egg, and seasonings until they are fully incorporated. Be careful not to over mix.
- Use a medium size ice cream scoop to form uniformed meatballs.
- Prepare a pan with olive oil then heat it up in medium heat. Cook the meatballs in two batches until they develop brown color. Set meatball aside.
- Use the same pan to sauté chopped yellow onion until turning translucent. After that, add minced garlic then stir until the mixture smells fragrant.
- Add crushed tomatoes. Press the tomatoes lightly to help it disintegrate in the sauce. Place 2 bay leaves on top and let the sauce boil while keep stirring.
- Place meatballs inside the sauce. Cover the pan partially and let sauce and meatballs simmer for about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally to turn the meatballs.
- Add in basil and seasonings (after tasting) then allow it to cook for five minutes more.
- Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water according to package’s instructions. Drain the liquid once the pasta is cooked.
- Add sauce onto the pasta then toss them together until each strand is coated with marinara sauce.
This best spaghetti recipe serves about eight people. Everyone is going to get 2 to 3 meatballs in a plate. Each serving contains 696 kilo calories. It is a quite filling meal that is perfect for family. You can easily keep the sauce in the fridge. It is recommended not to mix the meatballs with the sauce until you are about to serve, though.
This dish takes about an hour and half to assemble. It seems like you need to prepare a lot of ingredients to cook it. However, you effort will be greatly rewarded. Try this best spaghetti recipe at home and see the joy in your beloved ones’ faces.