What is better than having a classic Italian best tiramisu recipe as your dessert? It is rich and creamy, with a taste of almond, chocolate, and especially that espresso. Howerver, tiramisu is quite troublesome to make, so this recipe will take all the fuss out of making a great classic tiramisu. With the basic ingredients that will capture a tiramisu’s signature taste, you can whip this out in only 10 minutes for any occasions. Whether you are a skilled baker or just a person trying to have daily dose of sweets, this recipe will certainly blow you away.
- Heavy whipping cream, 1 cup
- Mascarpone cheese, 1 cup. Preferably at room temperature. You can also substitute with 6 ounces of softened cream cheese, cream together or 3 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- Sugar, 1/3 of a cup
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- Amaretto liquor or Brandy, 1 tablespoon. This is optional but is indeed a very tasty addition.
- Espresso, 2 cups. You can also use any strong coffee you have and must be added at room temperature
- Ladyfingers, 1 pack. The best types are Boudoir biscuits or Savoiardi. If you’re vegan you can use the eggless version since they’re just as good
- Cocoa powder for the garnish
- Beat the heavy whipping cream in the mixing bowl with the sugar and vanilla extract. Keep doing it until it can form soft peaks.
- Add in mascarpone cheese into the mixture continue to whip until the soft peaks form. You can add amaretto with the cheese and cream mix if you’re using it.
- Dip the ladyfingers lightly in the espresso or your chosen coffee. You can also dip it in brandy if you’re using alcohol in this best tiramisu recipe. Make sure to not soak the biscuits as they’ll fall apart.
- Put the ladyfingers on the tray. The first layer of ladyfingers should be at seven cookies thick. Spread half of the cream mixture on this layer then add another layer of ladyfingers.
- Add another half of the cream mixture on top of this second layer, which also is seven cookies thick.
- Dust the top with the cocoa powder with a cooking sieve. Refrigerate for up to four hours.
- Take out the finished best tiramisu recipe and serve!
A few chefs’ notes for this recipe: brandy can be substitute with rum and both can be directly mixed with the coffee mix. However, you can always use both at the same time and they will add that great bitterness signature to any classic tiramisu. If you can’t find any ladyfingers, you can make it yourself. Depending on if you want eggs in it or not, you can use the already available ingredients of tramisu to make it. You only need to add all-purpose flour into the mix and have your baking equipment as well as oven ready. Hopefully, with this best tiramisu recipe, your daily quota of sweets will be fulfilled in an easy, Italian way!