The best waffle recipe should be understood by everyone. Waffle is just like the main menu on every breakfast. This dish is like the denser version of pancake. It is believed that eating waffle keep you full for a longer time than eating pancake. Waffle can be served with anything you want, including chicken, hence the traditional dish chicken and waffle.
This recipe below is the healthier version of traditional waffle. It is using healthier ingredients, such as rolled oat and whole meal flour. It is also completed by nutritious fruits like banana and blueberries in the batter. This waffle recipe is surely delicious and great to give you a good start in the morning.
To help you out with the dish, here is the best waffle recipe to try. Just follow each step precisely and the ingredient measurement as precise as possible. You will end up with warm, delicious waffle as your breakfast.
- 1 cup rolled oat
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole meal flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Fresh blueberries (optional, for topping)
- Maple syrup (optional, for topping)
- Powdered sugar (optional, for topping)
- Prepare a large mixing bowl. In it, mix together all the dry ingredients: rolled oat, all-purpose flour, whole meal flour, baking powder, and ground cinnamon). Whisk it all together until well-combined and evenly distributed. Set it aside.
- In a blender (or food processor), mix together mashed banana, milk, and eggs. Blend until smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until everything si well-combined and no lumps are visible.
- Next, stir in the thawed frozen blueberries into the waffle batter.
- Now prepare the waffle maker/ waffle iron. Heat it according to the instruction. Brush the waffle maker with melted butter. You can also use spray oil.
- Add the waffle batter into the waffle maker and cook until done (follow the instruction on the waffle maker).
- Plate the waffles, drizzle maple syrup and fresh blueberries as topping. Shift the powdered sugar on top of the waffle. This is the best waffle recipe that you can top using anything you prefer. Start from fresh fruits to whipped cream with chocolate shavings.
- Serve immediately.
This waffle can be modified as you like. If you do not like the taste of oat, you can use other kind of whole meal grains, including bran or things like that. You can also add nuts or other fruits in the waffle batter. If you like crunchiness, add almonds or pecans to the mixture.
Moreover, for you who like the waffle to be gooey inside, add a lot of chocolate chips in it. You can also change the waffle into savory one by taking out the fruits and replace it with cheese. This is truly the best waffle recipe to try at home.