When you are feeling under the weather and nobody is around you, this chicken noodle soup recipe comes to fix your gloomy day. The easy and cheap ingredients as well as the simple steps will not increase your dizziness. At the end, the warmth of this soup will go down to your stomach and let all stresses dash away.
Maybe you are not sick, but you just need one more thing to complete your time. In this case, chicken noodle soup is perfect for every occasion. Let’s prove it by yourself. Warning! This recipe is the special one which may cause addiction. First, prepare the ingredients below.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 medium-sized garlic, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh spring onion, chopped
- ¼ cabbage, chopped
- 1 tomato, cut into four pieces
- 1 tablespoon thyme powder
- A handful celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped or diced
- 800 ml chicken stock
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces (You can also use boneless skinless chicken thigh)
- 2 handful noodles (any desired noodle)
- First, marinate the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil on a sauce pan with medium heat.
- Add chopped celery, garlic, and onion then wait until the garlic turning brownish and fragrant.
- Add salt and black pepper then throw the carrots.
- Pour chicken stock and thyme powder. Reduce the fire to low heat and stir well.
- Put the tomato and chopped cabbage into the pan. Add chicken and wait until it is cooked through.
- While the chicken is being cooked, grab another sauce pan and boil the noodles.
- Drain and throw away the water. Add the noodles into your soup.
- Now, try to taste the soup. Perhaps you need to add more salt. Simmer for 5 minutes
- Serve the soup in a large bowl or you can divide it into two bowls.
- Finally, place the chopped spring onion on top of the soup.
- Voila! Our chicken noodle soup is ready to eat.
This chicken noodle soup recipe is very easy, isn’t it? The calories might be over 250 but less than 300. Well, you can also modify it by adding more protein, such as sausage, meatballs, or mushroom. If you want a hot spicy soup, it is alright to add chilies. Meanwhile, if you are veggie lovers, just add some vegetables.
For the noodles, you can change them with pasta or macaroni, but of course the dish name will be different. Talking about modification, this chicken noodle soup recipe can also be changed into a Korean version by adding two tablespoon sesame oil plus kimchi for the side dish.
In addition, the chicken noodle soup is well-served with grilled veggie sandwich, cheese bread, or even fried tofu. For the drink, anything is fine. Are you interested? Then, what are you waiting for? Grab your apron and try this tasty chicken noodle soup recipe right now.