Who doesn’t love a hearty and delicious chicken vegetable soup? It is fibrous high because it contains vegetables and chicken meat at the same time. Not to mention, there are numerous nutrition and vitamins that would be so good for the bodies. That is why this soup has always been a recommendation for those who are not feeling so well. This soup can be a powerful weapon to fight light diseases such as influenza and fever. Other than that, it is easy and quick to fix. Very suitable for people who want to eat healthily but only has a short free time. So, let’s just jump right into the recipe!
In order to make the chicken vegetable soup cooking process a lot easier, be sure to prepare all the ingredients and the cooking utensils around the table. This would save you from extra disturbance you don’t want. When you’re fully prepared, follow these instructions carefully!
- 1 kg chicken legs, skinned
- 1 peeled and diced swede or turnip
- 2 diced small zucchini
- 1 peeled and diced carrot
- 1 thinly sliced leek
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 cup cold water
- 1¼ cups dry soup mix
- 2 diced celery sticks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cups chicken style liquid stock
- Ready a large saucepan with oil and heat it over medium heat.
- Put leek and garlic into the saucepan, then cook it for about 2 minutes while occasionally stirring until soft.
- Add swede, zucchini, celery sticks and carrot into the pan. Cook again for 2 minutes.
- Pour the cold water, chicken legs, stock and soup mix into the pan. Stir it lightly while increasing the heat to high. Bring to boil.
- Lower the heat. Simmer, half-covered, stir it occasionally for approximately an hour until the vegetables and the soup are tender.
- Separate the chicken legs out from the soup. Cool them for a bit.
- Remove the bones from the meat then chop the chicken meats roughly to add to the soup later.
- Season with pepper and salt, then dipper the soup into the serving bowls. Serve while hot.
As mentioned before, chicken vegetable soup is good for increasing the body’s immune system. There are a lot of benefits that comes just by consuming them, especially when someone is not feeling too well with their body. First of all, consuming this soup will heat up the body, thus curing the disease slowly. Just remember to eat it while it still hot to get the maximum nutrients from the soup.
The next benefit of this soup is it reduces any inflammation and infection. According to research, one serving of hot soup can hamper the flowing of white corpuscle that causes flu. It also fights infection in the nose and throat properly when someone is ill. Furthermore, the steam flowing from hot soup can relieve the throat and smoothen the breathing. No wonder why the chicken vegetable soup has become almost anyone’s favorite soup all around the world.