Want to take a quick practice with chicken quesadilla recipe? Here you will find the recipe for chicken quesadilla that will deliver the best quesadilla anyone can get. Chicken quesadilla is a Mexican dish, made from tortillas (flat triangular bread-like crisps) and served with many fillings like cheeses, meats and celeries. Generally, quesadilla has to be served along with any kind of salsa and sour cream.
Just a little fun fact, quesadilla comes from Spanish word “Queso” meaning “cheese”. This meal is categorized as snack, and has becoming Mexican’s favorite food from Mexican Colonial era until now. Can’t wait to try it? Let’s make it together! This chicken quesadilla recipe will be so much easier when all the ingredients and cooking utensils are all well prepared. Be sure to prepare a skillet, baking sheet, and serving plates for the convenience of yours. When you are ready, follow these easy steps along to make the desired quesadilla.
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp oregano, dried
- ½ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup salsa
- ¾ to 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- 2 ½ cooked chicken, shredded
- 6 flour tortillas
- Guacamole and sour cream
- Prepare a large non-sticky skillet. Put shredded chicken, salsa, green onions, cumin, salt and dried oregano into it then cook over medium heat uncovered for about 10 minutes while stirring occasionally until it’s all heated through.
- Ready a baking sheet, grease it lightly with butter. Use the butter again to brush a side of the tortillas. Place the buttered tortillas side down on the baking sheet. After that, spoon over half of each tortilla with around 1/3 cup chicken mixture then sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold the tortillas following the plain side over cheese. Put it in the oven and bake in 375o Fahrenheit or 175o Celsius for around 10 minutes, or until the color changed to golden brown and the tortillas become crisp enough.
- Take out the baked mixture and cut it into wedges. Put on the serving pan along with guacamole and sour cream. Your chicken quesadilla is ready to be served.
Chicken quesadilla recipe will serve you the perfect meal that’s suitable to enjoy for weekend snack. Actually, this meal has been evolved during the time as people are trying many variations of it. That alone has turned the look and taste of quesadilla into different variations all over the world depending on where it is served. For now, there are two types of quesadilla, which are the original Mexican quesadilla and the United States version of quesadilla.
The difference between the two types of quesadilla is a bit typical. The Mexican version serves this meal using comal, which is a Mexican pan, to cook the tortillas. The seasonings are also more authentic due to genuine ingredients that are collected from where they come from. Meanwhile, the United States version of quesadilla serves it in a similar way as grilled cheese sandwich. Also, they often put beef as a side dish. Not significantly different from this chicken quesadilla recipe, right?