When you want to cook Italian menu, crock pot lasagna can become good choice. It is great recipe, but you do not need to use extra effort to get the great taste. You will not find any difficulties in its cooking process. There are complete ingredients with its measure to help you. Then, the cooking instructions will tell you what to do, so great dish with delicious taste can be served. These are the details.
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces whole-milk ricotta
- 1 box (16 ounces) lasagna noodles, unboiled
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan, get more portions for the garnish
- 3½ cup marinara sauce, divided
- ½ onion, chopped finely
- ¼ cup chopped parsley, add more portions for the garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Get a large skillet.
- Heat the oil by using medium heat.
- Add in the onion and cook it until you get the good fragrance, usually takes 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook them together until fragrant.
- Add also the beef, Italian seasoning. Do not forget to use the salt and pepper for seasoning. Cook them together until the beef is no longer pink.
- Add 3 cups marinara and mix them Cook these for around 3 minutes.
- Get a large bowl. Add the parsley, ricotta, and parmesan. Mix them together and use the salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Prepare the slow cooker and grease the surface or use the nonstick spray. Use the remaining marinara and make thin layer n the crock pot.
- Then, add the layer of noodle, layer of meat mixture, mozzarella, and the layer of ricotta mixture.
- Repeat them until all mixture are used up and use the mozzarella on the top. Cover these layers and cook on low heat for around 5 hours.
- Remove from the crock pot and serve it. Use the parmesan and parsley for the garnish.
As what you can see, crock pot lasagna is not difficult recipe to make. It has some ingredients, but the steps are quite easy to follow. However, the key point is in the process of making the layer. In this case, it is important to make the thin layer, so there will be many layers of ingredients and it can give good taste.
For the noodle, you do not need to cook or boil it. The process in the slow cooker will be enough to get the properly cooked noodle. In case the noodle cannot be arranged easily in the layers, you may try to break them. It is fine to do and it does not reduce the great taste of the crock pot lasagna.
When you love cheese, it is fine to add more mozzarella and parmesan. However, it should be careful since some people may be less comfortable with the over cheesy taste. The ground beef may also be added. The garnish on the recipe is only the parmesan and parsley. Of course, you may add tomatoes and other garnishes for the crock pot lasagna.